Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    hi all. just got off the phone with the sprint reps and yes they told me go to DEVICE OPTIONS and click FULL RESET. That erases EVERYTHING including the USB drive. What it doesnt reset is the setting and stuff that is on the sprint server when it does a backup.

If you want that reset either erase your profile or just create another one. Good luck!!!
    best thing to do is is dwnld wedos doctor on ur comp then hook phne up a let the doc dude due his work man afterward ull be stoked
    I replaced my Pre and I need to ship off my old one. Already have everything I need on the new one. Just trying to get everything off the old one before I ship it off. Tried the Full Erase on Device Info but all my contacts are still there. There are a lot of contacts... I just want to reset it back to how I got it in when I purchased it. Calling Sprint is just a pain in the ***. Please help.
    Originally posted by gabext:
    I replaced my Pre and I need to ship off my old one. Already have everything I need on the new one. Just trying to get everything off the old one before I ship it off. Tried the Full Erase on Device Info but all my contacts are still there. There are a lot of contacts... I just want to reset it back to how I got it in when I purchased it. Calling Sprint is just a pain in the ***. Please help.
    Use WebOS Doctor and put your Pre back to factory settings. See post #33 and use the links provided.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll give you a link to other resources.
    I appear to be having the same issue. I have attempted to have Palm erase my device through my profile, I have attemtped to both the partial erase and full erase, but the screen grey's out, and then just sits. It doesn't appear to do anything. I have attempted the WebOS Doctor, but it doesn't recognize that my device is plugged in via the USB, so it just sits, waiting to be connected. Is there any other options that I can try?
    Quote Originally Posted by bgruber17 View Post
    I appear to be having the same issue. I have attempted to have Palm erase my device through my profile, I have attemtped to both the partial erase and full erase, but the screen grey's out, and then just sits. It doesn't appear to do anything. I have attempted the WebOS Doctor, but it doesn't recognize that my device is plugged in via the USB, so it just sits, waiting to be connected. Is there any other options that I can try?
    I apologize. I fixed the link in post 33. It should have taken you to thread that provided instructions for getting USB recognized.

I don't want to take credit someone's great advice so I've provided the link here and corrected my previous post. But before you do all that, make sure you are using the current version of Java.

Let me know if you need anything else or if you've already tried all of this.
    saya whata ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just called my Sprint and got my MS#. I asked if it will work from now on in case i lock my phone out again. He informed me that they change over time, and the one I got today, might not be right tomorrow. So just call *2 to get sprint support and they will give you an MS#.
    will the reset help with the sound? mine completely quit working i opened up the back and next to the speaker there is a small hole doesnt that also reset?
    NO there is no hard reset button to the best of my knowledge!?!?
    how do u find out the master subsidy lock?
  12. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz7809 View Post
    how do u find out the master subsidy lock?
    call Sprint and they will give it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rub2008 View Post
    hi all. just got off the phone with the sprint reps and yes they told me go to DEVICE OPTIONS and click FULL RESET. That erases EVERYTHING including the USB drive. What it doesnt reset is the setting and stuff that is on the sprint server when it does a backup.

If you want that reset either erase your profile or just create another one. Good luck!!!
    I tried this to get rid of a theme and some programs. Partial erase didn't work. Even the full erase does NOT work on my phone.

My email accounts are still there, my text messages are gone. Otherwise the phone works fine. My theme is goofed and the boot pic has changed
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Ok, so I wanted to reset my Pre to factory defaults (no previous/personal data installed) so I could run Pocket Mirror and have a "fresh install." I did the Full Erase from the Device Info tab but upon restarting, it went to Palm and re-downloaded all my personal stuff which I'd rather be gone so I can start fresh...
    Yes this is terribly annoying. I don't want to make a new palm profile every time I need a reset, though having a few "loads" might prove useful for testing....hmmm
    Folks, I hate to break it to ya... Full reset from the phone itself DOESN'T. Replace your boot pic with one of those funky themes if you want proof. It will survive Sadly, I now must question whether even WebOS doctor is absolute
    Quote Originally Posted by chozenyoung View Post
    I was using the WebOS Doctor and install some and now the phone won't go past the "sign in" process. It keeps saying "Sign In Failed" ...."You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign. Move into a wireless service area and try again."

However, it will allow me to make emergency calls and I'm in my house where I normally use my phone. I can't do it thru the website b/c I didn't set up a proper email to begin with...am I F#CK#D? Help me!!! I've tried everything people has suggested in these forum so far...it doesn't work!

I NEED HELP!!!

I am in the same situation. How did you solve your problem?
    Last edited by gmoj1; 02/27/2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: forgot to quote
    Just wanted to day thanks all. This thread has really helped me.
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Ok, this is probably not the most convenient method of a hard reset, but if you do the Volume Up/Power buttons boot and then run the webOS Doctor program, it basically performs a hard reset. Useful if you aren't able to boot up far enough to do the SMS kill or the Device Info hard resets.
    this solve my problem!!! tks a lot, but i lost the information in memory
    my palm pre is lock and i forgot the the pin. i have tried the webOS doctor thing, didnt work. i dunno what to do! i just want it unlocked but i dont know how to fix this. how?
    Quote Originally Posted by meowmomo View Post
    my palm pre is lock and i forgot the the pin. i have tried the webOS doctor thing, didnt work. i dunno what to do! i just want it unlocked but i dont know how to fix this. how?
    Hi meowmomo, and welcome to the P|C forums!

EDIT: just remembered there is a patch in WOSQI that is called "Bypass PIN" that will help you get around this.

Otherwise...
    Unless you can remember your PIN number, the only other option you have is to perform a Remote Wipe of your phone. You would then have to follow the directions and enter your account info (email/password) to have all the data restored from your Palm Backup.

From the Palm Support site:
    If you have lost your phone and want to remove your data from it, or if you have locked your screen and cannot remember your password or PIN to unlock the screen, you need to perform a remote erase of your phone (see How to remotely erase your phone ).
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/26/2010 at 11:01 PM.
    just in case someone else is still looking...

if your pre is stuck on the boot up "palm"

when it is stuck (powered on)

press orange + sym + R at the same time.

you should see the palm resetting and wait a bit.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast