Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bumped...
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Sounds like the ringer app you installed did the same thing one of my 755P photos did. There is no recovering from this without hard resetting your phone. While there is no manual way to do it, you can use either the Palm SMS reset or the webOS Doctor reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanser View Post
    Are you doing anything specific to cause these lockups?
    I've managed to "brick" my second Pre, directly after trying to sync my photos from iPhoto. I only have a few dozen photos, but a few of them are hi-res scans of professional proofs. Maybe the Pre can't handle a single photo over a certain size.

I'm on the same quest for a hard reset!
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thehyperone View Post
    I've managed to "brick" my second Pre, directly after trying to sync my photos from iPhoto. I only have a few dozen photos, but a few of them are hi-res scans of professional proofs. Maybe the Pre can't handle a single photo over a certain size.

I'm on the same quest for a hard reset!
    I thought the same thing, but there were several people, during my quest to figure out what I did to brick the Pre, that put some hi-res pics on their phones, and they said while it loaded slowly, it did not crash their phones. WebOS Doctor sounds like what you need if you haven't tried it already.
    Can you use BAFMSL.cab to find the MSL in our Pre's?
    I was using the WebOS Doctor and install some and now the phone won't go past the "sign in" process. It keeps saying "Sign In Failed" ...."You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign. Move into a wireless service area and try again."

However, it will allow me to make emergency calls and I'm in my house where I normally use my phone. I can't do it thru the website b/c I didn't set up a proper email to begin with...am I F#CK#D? Help me!!! I've tried everything people has suggested in these forum so far...it doesn't work!

I NEED HELP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chozenyoung View Post
    I was using the WebOS Doctor and install some and now the phone won't go past the "sign in" process. It keeps saying "Sign In Failed" ...."You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign. Move into a wireless service area and try again."

However, it will allow me to make emergency calls and I'm in my house where I normally use my phone. I can't do it thru the website b/c I didn't set up a proper email to begin with...am I F#CK#D? Help me!!! I've tried everything people has suggested in these forum so far...it doesn't work!

I NEED HELP!!!
    I had the same problem running WebOS Doctor as well. I called tech and was told to do a RTN (which is ##786# in the phone app) which re-provisions your phone on Sprint's network. Just call Sprint and tell them you need to do a RTN (which could also mean RUN I guess... not sure) and that should let you sign into your profile.

Hope that fixes it!
    Quote Originally Posted by TMan459 View Post
    I had the same problem running WebOS Doctor as well. I called tech and was told to do a RTN (which is ##786# in the phone app) which re-provisions your phone on Sprint's network. Just call Sprint and tell them you need to do a RTN (which could also mean RUN I guess... not sure) and that should let you sign into your profile.

Hope that fixes it!

that would fix it...but unfortunately i can't cal sprint and get it....(long story) Does anyone know another way I can obtain the MSL number?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Ok, so I wanted to reset my Pre to factory defaults (no previous/personal data installed) so I could run Pocket Mirror and have a "fresh install." I did the Full Erase from the Device Info tab but upon restarting, it went to Palm and re-downloaded all my personal stuff which I'd rather be gone so I can start fresh...
    I'm in a similar position. I need to wipe my Pre, clear my Palm profile and then move my info from my old Centro to my Pre. Can anyone please tell me the best way to do this? Do I have to go to a the Sprint store or, god forbid, try to get their phone support to help me? Please, please tell me there is a way to do all this on my own...

I apologize if this has been covered before. I searched but didn't find anything that fits this exact circumstance.

Thanks in advance for any direction.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badcarburetor View Post
    I'm in a similar position. I need to wipe my Pre, clear my Palm profile and then move my info from my old Centro to my Pre. Can anyone please tell me the best way to do this? Do I have to go to a the Sprint store or, god forbid, try to get their phone support to help me? Please, please tell me there is a way to do all this on my own...

I apologize if this has been covered before. I searched but didn't find anything that fits this exact circumstance.

Thanks in advance for any direction.
    Last I heard, there was still no way to delete your Palm profile. So you'd have to use a new email address once you reset the phone. I wonder if anyone has tried changing the email address on the Palm profile web page, and then signing up again with the original email address, in case you didn't want to use another email address? Just a suggestion...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Last I heard, there was still no way to delete your Palm profile. So you'd have to use a new email address once you reset the phone. I wonder if anyone has tried changing the email address on the Palm profile web page, and then signing up again with the original email address, in case you didn't want to use another email address? Just a suggestion...
    i think you can use the same email address just create a new password. Not a new email pass word just a new password for ur login, click new account and enter ur email but use a diff password, worked for me. This was way before any updates when the phone was still a few days old
    I did a profile reset and now my damn pre is not booting is stuck @ palm boot.
    Dammit!!

How can i fix it anybody?
    Originally posted by gnove:
    I did a profile reset and now my damn pre is not booting is stuck @ palm boot.
    Dammit!!

How can i fix it anybody?
    WebOS Doctor should fix it. The link I've provided takes you to the download of WebOS Doctor, and also provides instructions for using WebOS Doctor. If you can't get WebOS Doctor to run, try this thread "In case you can't get the webOS Doctor to work.

If those don't work for you, post and I'll direct you to another resource or thread. This forum is full of helpful advice and since I don't know what I'm doing, but proceed under the moto "machines can always be fixed," I've used quite a few of the helpful tidbits and can lead you to them.
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 09/29/2009 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Incorrect link for thread
    I got a replacement Pre and can't seem to wipe the old one...it hangs at the reset screen, and never finishes...

Any ideas? There doesn't seem to be a manual hard reset...
    Originally posted by ret2961:
    I got a replacement Pre and can't seem to wipe the old one...it hangs at the reset screen, and never finishes...

Any ideas? There doesn't seem to be a manual hard reset...
    Are you saying that after WebOS doctor, you can't get past reset screen? Are you meaning that it won't accept your palm profle? Please clarify.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    You CAN change your email on you palm account... I entered the wrong email address during activation... Just go to Palm's website and you can log into you palm account and change the email. I have done this sucessfully
    okay. i have a real issue. i have set a pass code and forgotten it. how do i hard reset? please, i really need some help.
    Go into device info, reset options, then full erase. However, that's not going to help you if you've forgotten your Palm profile code. If you've forgotten your Palm Profle. Log onto the Palm website with your e-mail address and have them send you a new one.
    My pre will not reset.
    Nothing results in selecting partial or full. This even after restarting, pulling the battery for several hours and even sending the remote erase sms from my palm profile.
    Suggestions?
    Originally posted by dk0r:
    My pre will not reset.
    Nothing results in selecting partial or full. This even after restarting, pulling the battery for several hours and even sending the remote erase sms from my palm profile.
    Suggestions?
    Have you tried the suggestions listed in post #12? Have you used WebOS Doctor? After you run WebOS Doctor, everything should be fine. If not, try the suggestions in post #27. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll give you a link to other resources.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast