webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Calendar - Invite Attendees
Calendar - Invite Attendees

Old 06/07/2009, 02:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

I got my pre this morning in Dallas around 10am, so far so good...except with one deal killer.

I have not figured out how to invite attendees when making an appointment. I am almost dizzy with disappointment if in fact this feature is not available, as a matter of fact I will return the phone if it is not a feature. This is a mission critical feature for anyone who uses there phone for business purposes. I am hoping this is just a user error on my part. If someone does know how to invite attendees to a meeting on the calendar, please tell me.

I was able to set the Pre up with my MS Exchange server no problem..

Thanks,

Jeff
scotchjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 02:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

This feature is not supported at launch.
AngryClayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryClayton View Post
This feature is not supported at launch.
please tell me his wrong. if not, that MY deal breaker.
ericizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

you may be able to do this with OWA if you have this available.
gjlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
yoe

yeah, I noticed that too. PALM - seriously guys!

this device isn't ready for launch!
yoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 11:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoe View Post
yeah, I noticed that too. PALM - seriously guys!

this device isn't ready for launch!
well, they have 14 days to correct this before the pre goes back, and im back to my treo pro
ericizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 12:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

ericizzy1, I am with you. I almost want to take my Pre back today just to prove a point. I seriously can't believe they could have left this feature out, they are going to lose a HUGE amount of business users over this flaw. I don't give a **** about all this syenergy stuff, or facebook or twitter, etc.

I wish I could wait 14 days for Palm to make this feature available, but I need this feature tomorrow morn.

You can view participants on other meetings/appointments that are already scheduled...that doesn't help, but it at least shows that maybe there is hope.
scotchjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Wow...just noticed this too. The next OS update sounds like it needs to be chalk full of stuff for everyone.

I know people talk about, and there's been leaked docs, that the Pre isn't for business users. But, really. I left BlackBerry cause I thought this phone was really cool and I think I could use it daily for business. I'm not expecting it to do everything the BB could do and I realize it's new BUT it should have some stuff. Currently on my hitlist:

Calendar invites
Option to disable SSL on Exchange ActiveSync

The rest is gravy. I'm holding out till for the update and hope it comes soon. Otherwise, it's a return and back to the BB I go
Old 06/25/2009, 09:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Anyone aware of any more rumors or promises to fix this? I too badly need this feature and I'm stunned they released without it.

Also, although some others disagree, I would very much like landscape mode for emails and navigation - especially emails. The phone has the capabilities built in - why would you not take that one tiny extra step?!?!?! I am a senior executive and read email far more than I compose. The larger perspective would be a great help on planes and such - especially due to the "senior' part
1234ipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/2009, 10:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

I think it works now. I accidentally put 2 of my accounts for a mtg on my calendar. When I was late, I got a notification asking if I wanted to notify the other attendees.
neilept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/2009, 11:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
I think it works now. I accidentally put 2 of my accounts for a mtg on my calendar. When I was late, I got a notification asking if I wanted to notify the other attendees.
Yes, I'm aware of that feature, but we're talking about being able to create a meeting request on the phone and being able to add attendees. I believe the feature you speak of only works if you creted the meeting with attendees on your PC(Outlook) or online.
1234ipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 05:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just got my Pre 2 days ago and only now discovered the inability to add attendees to a meeting request....definitely a dealbreaker. They have 28 days to figure this out before the device goes back.

I've used PalmOS, GoodLink, and most recently WM for the last few years. As a business user looking for a mix of both the social and business...business basics being a must, I would certainly expected this to be there. I knew I was giving up some things coming from WM (mature) to WebOS (newborn), but didn't think things like this were missing. Makes me wonder what else I haven't discovered yet. I know they will be making updates, but some of these really shouldn't have been missing. After looking at my co-workers iPhone today, which is not all that superb either for Outlook & Office sync, it makes me wonder if my expectations are wrong and that nothing will every sync better with Office than WM since it's all Microsoft. I'm sure they'll update the device periodically, but this is making me re-think.

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
waynew73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2009, 01:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

any progress on the feature? anyone add attendees on their Pre yet?
bulls96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2009, 04:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

OMG! This is pretty darn annoying!!!!!!
tedbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2010, 07:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Palm, Seriously??? It's 2010 and you STILL HAVEN'T enabled the ability to add attendees to the calendar appointments???!?!?!!?!?! Come on! Is it even on the roadmap? No one from Palm has said anything in almost a year! What's the story guys????
sf_basilix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2010, 08:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'm also waiting for it too. Is there any alternate calender program which does that?
vishalsheth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2010, 11:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

Don't they advertise this as a feature? Or am I thinking about using the calendar to let folks know you're running late? Anyway, how do you do that?
Old 02/03/2010, 12:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

Here is how I handle this (and I'll offer an "on-Pre" alternative as well). I do my invites from my computer. For those that must have it on the Pre, there is a method.

First of all, this requires that you have a Google Calendar account. On the web app on the Pre, go to m.google.com/calendar . This will have a link to either a regular Google Calendar web site, or if you use Google Apps, a link to log in there. Once on the Calendar web site (mobile version), create a shortcut so you can more quickly get there in the future.

From the mobile web app, you can create events, and invite users. You can even edit existing events, and invite users.

WebOS 1.4 (supposed to be out this month) may address this, though I haven't heard anything definitive.

Maybe it's because I'm in front of a computer so much, but I really have very little problem with inviting others from the computer, and just using the Pre to track my schedule, and make quick entries (that can be edited later when I'm at a PC).

Hope this helps.
hparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2010, 01:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
Maybe it's because I'm in front of a computer so much, but I really have very little problem with inviting others from the computer, and just using the Pre to track my schedule, and make quick entries (that can be edited later when I'm at a PC).
I think it's that people are used to getting an email on their Blackberry and being able to do certain things if they'e on the road, in a meeting, etc. Much easier to do it right then and there than have to make a note to do it later.

If you're able to get to a computer every couple hours or so, it's no big deal. But for some people, they might only get to sit in front of the computer once in the morning and in the evening, or maybe at lunch, things can get lost/forgotten during daily activities. If you have a meeting in 2 hours, but you won't be able to get to a computer for 3 hours and need to invite someone...you get the idea.
Darth Mo#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2010, 02:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
I think it's that people are used to getting an email on their Blackberry and being able to do certain things if they'e on the road, in a meeting, etc. Much easier to do it right then and there than have to make a note to do it later.

If you're able to get to a computer every couple hours or so, it's no big deal. But for some people, they might only get to sit in front of the computer once in the morning and in the evening, or maybe at lunch, things can get lost/forgotten during daily activities. If you have a meeting in 2 hours, but you won't be able to get to a computer for 3 hours and need to invite someone...you get the idea.
Oh yes, I understand it's a problem, and I understand why. Probably the fact that I do sit in front of a computer all day makes seem like less of a problem to me.

I'm hoping that the web work around works for some. Don't know if there's a similar functionality on Exchange. I'll play with that a bit this afternoon.
hparsons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attendees, calander, exchange

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0