Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Any word on whether or not this was secretly added as a feature with 1.4? I really want to get rid of my Droid - but this is a feature that I use a lot. I didn't notice it on any of the change logs - but was hoping that Palm added that feature anyway.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    you have no idea how many people are upset over this feature missing from 1.4! We have 30 guys at work with the pre plus saying that they are very disappointed about this! I hope they update this feature soon...
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    you can see it briefly when you star up the calendar someone will probably look deeper into the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    you can see it briefly when you star up the calendar someone will probably look deeper into the code.
    Wow, you are right. When I create an appointment and hit the "i" it looks like guests show for half a second. I never noticed that before. Is that new to 1.4?

I hope we get that soon.

I only have Google accounts, what does it do on Exchange calendar accounts?
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    yes same result with exchange
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Well that's a bummer. I have the opposite problem with the Droid. I can send a meeting request but can't accept one! Shouldn't be that hard to implement. That's a good sign that it appears for a split second. Maybe coming in 1.4.1! I may still go ahead and switch from my Droid anyway.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Grrrr. This is one of my biggest complaints (even more then no video recording prior to 1.4). Who do we talk to at palm to get this fixed? Is it something that WebOSinternals can create a patch for? I'd pay for this feature if I had to.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by litt View Post
    Grrrr. This is one of my biggest complaints (even more then no video recording prior to 1.4). Who do we talk to at palm to get this fixed? Is it something that WebOSinternals can create a patch for? I'd pay for this feature if I had to.
    Ditto!
    I noticed that this was missing on my friend's VZW PPP before the ATT PPP was released. I found it to be an unacceptable omission. But since looking at the web browser being able to add attendees through Google calendar, I was ok with it.

Here is a screenshot of the attendees appearing for a split second after hitting the "i" button to edit a newly created event

Guys, I think what you are all seeing is actually showcased in one of Palm's promotional videos. They show a user using his Pre to start the day off and he goes into this Exhange Calendar to view his appointments and takes a look at the attendees and whether or not the plan to attend. This functions as a read only feature however and I'm not sure what it means for the ability to communicate attendee communication both ways.

Here is a link - www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=XG4APBS3eoU (this is my first post so they wouldn't let me post a link the easy way, sorry)

Check it at about 30 seconds...

ps. I too agree that this is a MUST HAVE feature and with a lot of talk about RIM loosing market share in the enterprise business, this is the perfect opportunity for Palm to develop these types of features in attempt to take some of that RIM market share before App and Steve's black turtleneck do.

Palm, you are missing a big opportunity right now!
    I think we need more games and social networking apps. That's what sells phones. If I were an important person, I would use my laptop for pim functions.
    Still not available in WebOS 2.0.1...
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    Still not available in WebOS 2.0.1...
    Still not available in 2.1.0 either.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    invite attendees from webos seems to be in webos 3.0 Touchpad, at least for exchange.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...hpad-user.html
    The email field in the new event is such a discredit to the fact this is an invite. I didnít event get it at first! Just call it an invite or meeting request or something. Now the fact that it is there rocks and I do not remember seeing it on any reviews and in fact I remember seeing (I think) in the forums a ding against them for not having it. HP should be shouting this from the roof tops. Please note this is an Exchange feature.
    Well is this really to invite from the TouchPad or just the same "view attendes" we know from Ubercalendar that shows if an event created somewhere not using webos with attendees/invites?
    There's no excuse to not have meeting attendees syncing with Google Calendar. None. Android phones do it. And I am a webOS fan through and through.

At least I have a nice large and decent browser to use Google Calendar to manage my calendar.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You have it all wrong HP is trying to go after the serious business market, frivolous features like being able to invite attendees in a calendar event are just silly.

Way to go HP!
    Does someone have an update on this? Can someone create a patch? I was just bragging on the calendar function until I found this out. Ugh!
    Nothing. No Updates. Nada. I'm just as frustrated with this as everyone else. I cannot believe such a simple item is being ignored from day one. This is my second biggest issue with webos. The first is in another thread where webos doesn't always sync right.

I'm baffled as well as to why ubercalendar doesn't offer this too. I may post there.
    If it helps... use the http://m.google.com and log into your calendar to invite people. It's not the best solution, but it's the only solution out there that I am aware of.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast