webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Why is my phone roaming in areas of GREAT sprint coverage?
Why is my phone roaming in areas of GREAT sprint coverage?

Old 06/07/2009, 01:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Why is my phone roaming in areas of GREAT sprint coverage? This is unacceptable. After reading that some reviewers were putting the reception at better than other smart phones, this came as a surprise. I just made a call and my phone went to roaming and now it's showing full bars on EVDO.

I just want this thing to work. I feel like Palm is back to their same old tricks.
kaptainchump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 02:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just change it to Sprint only under the Phone preferences... I wish I could do the opposite. I have no signal at home

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
If you have an iTouch click me.
Eguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 02:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
Just change it to Sprint only under the Phone preferences... I wish I could do the opposite. I have no signal at home
Give Sprint a call to complain about poor home coverage and see if they'll cut you a deal on an Airave.
Old 06/07/2009, 03:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Give Sprint a call to complain about poor home coverage and see if they'll cut you a deal on an Airave.
The problem isn't with the actual coverage. My phone fluctuates between roaming and full coverage. There is something wrong with the hardware or software that is causing this. I have never had a problem with reception at home or work (3-5 bars at all times). In both locations, I am now having problems maintaining consistent service.

I will try turning coverage to Sprint-only, but this is ridiculous. I have seen a couple people discuss this lightly in the bugs thread, but I want this problem to be more well-known.

I live in an area that has some of the best Sprint coverage you'll find anywhere.
kaptainchump is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: nsxla
Old 06/07/2009, 03:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainchump View Post
The problem isn't with the actual coverage. My phone fluctuates between roaming and full coverage. There is something wrong with the hardware or software that is causing this. I have never had a problem with reception at home or work (3-5 bars at all times). In both locations, I am now having problems maintaining consistent service.

I will try turning coverage to Sprint-only, but this is ridiculous. I have seen a couple people discuss this lightly in the bugs thread, but I want this problem to be more well-known.

I live in an area that has some of the best Sprint coverage you'll find anywhere.
I've never had Sprint. You have had good luck with Sprint in the past. I think since the phone is so new, it just need a couple of ROM tweaks at this point.

palandri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 03:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

No reception issues here...sorry to hear of your troubles and I hope that things improve soon.
Old 06/07/2009, 03:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
No reception issues here...sorry to hear of your troubles and I hope that things improve soon.
Maybe he has a faulty phone.

palandri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 03:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Not sure if it will help, but you might also want to attempt updating the PRL in the phone preferences as well.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: kaptainchump
Old 06/07/2009, 03:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
I got them to send me one for free but they only gave me 24 months of "free" coverage. There is already a $5 charge for all phones on my account. I will be calling CS tomorrow. I haven't even recieved the damn thing.

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
If you have an iTouch click me.
Eguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0