1.    #1  
    * New device announced.
    * Forum established to discuss, predict, fantasize, criticize.
    * Trickles of real information yield floods of posts.
    * Release date announced. Forum goes wild with anticipation.
    * Release moment arrives. Blow-by-blow posts about waiting in line. "First post" posts.
    * Flood of "greatest thing ever" posts interspersed with "this thing sucks."

I'm not criticizing, mind you, just observing. I'd have bought one today if I weren't only 8 months into my first Sprint contract.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Good perspective, and pretty accurate. My contract expires tomorrow (but due to an error on Sprint's part, it actually "expired" two years ago). But I'm still holding on to my 755p for a while.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Good perspective, and pretty accurate. My contract expires tomorrow (but due to an error on Sprint's part, it actually "expired" two years ago). But I'm still holding on to my 755p for a while.
    wise man
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    wise man
    Hey look, it's the resident plant again.
    And its the resident paranoid neurotic again.
    With experience comes wisdom. We hope.
    I actually have a neurotic plant. It's a "Rubber Tree" and it's completely schizo.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I actually have a neurotic plant. It's a "Rubber Tree" and it's completely schizo.
    Damn those schizoid trees!