Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is the quality that horrible? I mean even on wifi the quality of the videos is horrible.

I hope that Hulu releases an App for this soon. I heard they were working on an App for iPhone which doesnt support Flash at all so maybe they can do the same for PRE while Adobe crawls their way to make Flash for Pre.

I mean I feel that Sprint TV is just a huge dissapointment. Having never used it, I expected too much maybe.

on the other hand Nav from Sprint is pretty solid.
    agree.... and u only get 6 channels, unless u want to pay more.
    The best option is to wait for flash, hulu, or sling box support.
    It's a 3.1" screen - what did you expect?!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Some channels have better quality than others.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    It's just blocky, as it is on any phone. It's not a huge deal, just a little bit of an added bonus to have. I like how I can get NFL network on my phone and not on my cable tier, as well.
  7.    #7  
    I am comparing it to Youtube videos on Pre and on iPhone (where the vid quality is significantly higher when on wi fi vs 3g)

I am not expecting 720 or 1080P here but I am expecting something more than pixelated garbage and 6 channels

just a minor complaint aimed at Sprint for calling that POS a feature
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Some channels have better quality than others.
    This. Some shows look great, but with the channel cuts, it's barely worth loading up the app anymore. Sometimes there is blocky-ness and green flicks and freezing, and sometimes it's pretty smooth. Youtube is better though.
    I don't think you can get SprintTV via wifi, it's just 3G/1x.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I don't think you can get SprintTV via wifi, it's just 3G/1x.
    I am on Wifi and its working so who knows

can one of you give me a quick rundown of all the labels gives its networks?

I am new to spring and i know only the ATT ones for iPhone

1. 3G - ATT's 3g
    2. E - ATT Edge
    3. R - Roaming

What are Sprints?
    Ev? 1x? what are those?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    It doesn't appear like anyone has mentioned this, but at least in my experience, SprintTV has ALWAYS sucked. It is more of a gimmick than actually useful. And it doesn't matter what phone you have or market you're in. They killed most of the decent channels anyhow.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    What are Sprints?
    Ev? 1x? what are those?
    Ev = EVDO, Sprint 3G, as fast or faster than HSDPA, AT&T 3G

1x = CDMA 1xRTT, roughly equivalent to EDGE speeds
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I am on Wifi and its working so who knows

can one of you give me a quick rundown of all the labels gives its networks?

I am new to spring and i know only the ATT ones for iPhone

1. 3G - ATT's 3g
    2. E - ATT Edge
    3. R - Roaming

What are Sprints?
    Ev? 1x? what are those?
    AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM while Sprint and Verizon use CDMA, this is what the network types mean.

Generation, GSM name, CDMA name
    3G = 3G (voice & data), EVDO (data only)
    2.5G = EDGE, 1xRTT
  14.    #14  
    so the Pre Will show EVDO or 1X or did they abbreviate to EV and 1X?
    when did they cut the channels. No more CNN.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    As for the # of channels, with Sprint TV on my old BB I got well over 24 channels. I had way more Live channels too.

I am guessing that they need to create new/different streams for the Pre with different video codecs. The quality isn't any better than it was on the BB though.
  17.    #17  
    thats the thing
    this things quality may have been cool in 1999 or when having a color phone was cool or having a rzr

in 2009. no.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEricM View Post
    As for the # of channels, with Sprint TV on my old BB I got well over 24 channels. I had way more Live channels too.

I am guessing that they need to create new/different streams for the Pre with different video codecs. The quality isn't any better than it was on the BB though.
    No, they just lost the rights to the content I believe. It's been slowly shrinking over the past few years, absolutely nothing to do with the Pre.
    Is the quality that horrible? I mean even on wifi the quality of the videos is horrible.

I hope that Hulu releases an App for this soon. I heard they were working on an App for iPhone which doesnt support Flash at all so maybe they can do the same for PRE while Adobe crawls their way to make Flash for Pre.

I mean I feel that Sprint TV is just a huge dissapointment. Having never used it, I expected too much maybe.

on the other hand Nav from Sprint is pretty solid.
    how does it compare to the free TV from vzw and att???
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    how does it compare to the free TV from vzw and att???
    lol I have no clue if that was sarcasm as I have not had verizon in quite forever and I had iPhone on ATT which had NO tv for free

I guess all I am saying is that this feature is a gimmick. I knew it would not be much so I suppose I figured maybe I was just missing some special setting

All is goooood
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast