It's already annoying.
  2. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    No option as of now....
  3.    #3  
    so I guess I should just shut it off?
    That really sucks
    I'm going to have to make it a habit to check my phone for text messages until they fix it.. =/
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I was thinking about doing the same thing,lol.
    click on your messing icon then click the upper left side that said messaging click that click pref and accand you r there
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    There is a patch through preware that will let you open up the notifications and change the default one to another mp3 soundbyte. Go to Patches, Sounds and Alerts and install the "Select Alert and Notifications" patch. Restart your phone and you can then choose to change the notifications and alerts. Also read this thread for more information and you can download the default ones if you change them and decide in the future that you want to put them back.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ification.html
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Whoa, guys, you are all living in the past. This has been available since somewhere around 1.2 something. No patches necessary. Just open your messaging app, pull down the "Messaging" menu, select "Preferences & Accounts", then in the "New Message" section click on the "SOUND" item and select "Ringtone". Then just select a ringtone for your listening pleasure...no more crappy "da-ding".
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Old habits are hard to break, just got use to the patches I had and reinstalled them after each update.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Zedge.net has free ringtones and sms notification sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by big_papi View Post
    click on your messing icon then click the upper left side that said messaging click that click pref and accand you r there
    Congrats big_papi, way to go bringing an irrelevant 7 month old thread back from the dead!!
    Patches in preware can change it.