Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It kinda bugs me that people are complaining, yea the Pre has problems but no more than the iphone had in its first day/ year. Just wait a couple months and all these problems will be fixed and more.

so just give it time people
    Very good. I agree. I don't think people should take this to the extreme or overreact to this. It's a new phone, and they will be using customer feedback from Tech Support to better the device. Give it time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    It kinda bugs me that people are complaining, yea the Pre has problems but no more than the iphone had in its first day/ year. Just wait a couple months and all these problems will be fixed and more.

Some people are plants.

I've already discovered half the reported weaknesses of the Pre were garbage. "Loose" keyboard? Casing sharp enough to cut skin? WTF? Apple's been greasing some palms.
    yeah but its 2 days before WWDC and my 3G iPhone keeps telling me to wait 2 days haha
    I am a firm believer in early adopters having thick skin and patience. BUT, not having EAS work for thousands of people is pretty bad. I'm still OK with the software stuff, but if I was having any of this hardware stuff, Sprint would be giving me a refund and a rain check on improved hardware. Sure, there are always a few lemons in the bunch, but the screen issue and the going dark issue sound like potential design (not manufacturing) issues. That's bad if true.

I'm very glad they haven't started the ad campaign. They need at least 2-3 significant bug fix updates before that makes sense.

Yes, the iPhone did stumble as well, but it had the luxury/burden of going first. Palm has no such luxury. They are supposed to come out of the gate ready to compete. I don't particularly like the iPhone, but it is the king of the hill at the moment.

While I do think Palm will address some issues via OTA updates,
    I think its hilarious that some people think others are plants though simply because they don't like what they post.

This phone does have several issues which need attention.
    That's plainly evident just by reading over many of the complaint threads here. Are ALL of those people plants too?

Speaking of which, I need to water my backyard plants tomorrow.
    The only problem I've really had is the heat/screen issue, which I doubt they'll be able to fix with a software update. Everything else is peachy keen, but if enough units have these hardware issues, it really is going to be a big problem for Palm and Sprint.
    Alright, taking bets for the next OTA update... Sunday night anybody??? Monday morning??
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.

The iPhone had a ton of missing features when it was released, but not too much in the way of bugs. I mean c'mon, did you see the bug thread? Those aren't missing features in the bug thread, it's a ton of buggy stuff. I have no doubt Apple is working overtime to fix these issues, but the question is if they can even do it in a reasonable time period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Alright, taking bets for the next OTA update... Sunday night anybody??? Monday morning??
    asap if they're smart
    i guess BGR review was right on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Dacunha View Post
    i guess BGR review was right on.
    I'd never heard of BGR before their bogus "review" ran and after seeing how shoddy their journalistic standards were - using a beta unit of unknown provenance without disclosing it until 100 comments into the response thread - I wouldn't waste another click or moment to revisit their little blog.

You know the saying, "You never get a second chance to make a first impression"? Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I'd never heard of BGR before their bogus "review" ran and after seeing how shoddy their journalistic standards were - using a beta unit of unknown provenance without disclosing it until 100 comments into the response thread - I wouldn't waste another click or moment to revisit their little blog.

You know the saying, "You never get a second chance to make a first impression"? Exactly.

i feel like i'm using a beta unit of unknown provenance.
    but,,,,^ same goes for the Pre

you'd never heard of BGR? their the biggest blog on mobile news and almost always get the scoop on phones before anyone else does. I guess you don't track mobile news.
    This always happens. I have been through several phones releaseed, in fact I posted it two weeks ago. People have minor issues and predicted the demise of Palm blah blah. This happens every phone release for the last 8 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    This always happens. I have been through several phones releaseed, in fact I posted it two weeks ago. People have minor issues and predicted the demise of Palm blah blah. This happens every phone release for the last 8 years.
    That's not 100% true. The first month of iPhone 3g sucked but everyone knew how great the hardware was and people knew that apple would fix the problems asap. I love web os but the hardware needs major updates. I really hope palm can stay alive and continue to improve the OS. It's very sad that I can type on an iPod touch much faster than on my palm pre.

From iPod touch
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    You get to expect software bugs and lack of features. Even the EAS one is excusable as I would bet a majority of companies do not use the settings in exchange that deny foriegn uncertified phones to access the server.

In this day where the users demand that all sorts of phones are able to access exchange it is becoming a common situation.

However hardware faults are a bit of a concern, but again you get bad items in any batch even after devices have been out on the market for some time

The biggie for me is any hardware design faults, my last phone was a Samsung Blackjack and it had the very annoying and unresolvable issue of collecting dust just under the screen which was a major pain.

A Pre that shuts down the screen whenever you want to use the slider is a read problem. Hardware design faults are going to really hurt the manufacturer if they do exist, be they Apple, RIM or whoever
    too bad palm didn't use TC as a beta group before release. If there was any group that could have found any issues it's this forum. I'm hoping we get a hacked rom recipe by the time I'm able to purchase a gsm version in Europe.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I think it is 100% fine for people to criticize both hardware and software issues with the Pre day one.

Palm is not releasing a new class of product here. They have the combined knowledge of 20+ years of consumer mobile device and software design and development to build off of. They were expected to START with the best of the best and improve on that. iPhone, Blackberry, Nokia.

Many will give them time, baring HW design or manf. issues, to get the Pre in order. It is a great device as it stands today but clearly needs many major and minor improvements to be a class leader come 6 months from now.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast