1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Man, I love my new Pre (except for a few things you'll be hearing about in other posts) but Google maps really blows,

I want the iPHONE/Blackberry version of Google maps! with Transit direction / info and Street view! what gives Google?!

I want to bookmark favorites! and sync with my online google maps account, the one that has all the lists and icons
    you cant do to and from directions? and remember this came to the iphone in the 2nd update I think... so just give it time
  3. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    It didn't came with the iPhone on 2nd update because Apple was working on it but because GOOGLE was working on it, when the transit info/street view technology was available they immediately released a new ver of google maps for iPhone, Win-Mobile, Blackberry and ALL Java enabled phones that support these new features.

This is a total mis-step by Google for not adding this on the Pre and by Palm for not insisting on it.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Be patient, it will come. If you prefer to have everything working in version 1 on day 1, you should give up, return your phone and wait for six months.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    In reviews they said GMaps is superior to other versions but, while functional, I agree that it sucks. No latitude support, search history and (like many Pre apps) lacks settings to tweak out defaults.

Anyway, I did test out the GPS with Google Maps and it works but after 20min the phone was super hot. I guess I'll stick to my garmin.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I want those things too, as well as Latitude!
    Anyone know how to click on a destination with the google maps app and "get directions to" like you would when you right click from a regular web browser like firefox? All I have is my home dot and when I go to the place I want to get directions to there isn't any options besides putting in an address.