Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I now know I made a huge mistake. Many hours of frustration just trying to get contacts from Palm desktop to Pre without having to use Google. I have too much sensitive client info on Palm desktop to risk that. Still no luck after many attempts, reading, and following instructions several times.

Can I return the phone to Best Buy, unwind the contract with Sprint, and go back to Verizon with my Treo 755p?
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    I now know I made a huge mistake. Many hours of frustration just trying to get contacts from Palm desktop to Pre without having to use Google. I have too much sensitive client info on Palm desktop to risk that. Still no luck after many attempts, reading, and following instructions several times.

Can I return the phone to Best Buy, unwind the contract with Sprint, and go back to Verizon with my Treo 755p?
    Good luck to you! I hope it works out!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

You did read the information when you purchased, right? The 30-day part?
    I moved my contacts from Palm Desktop to the Pre in minutes. Once they are on the Pre, you can connect them to whichever service you want. It doesn't have to be Google.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo

Sync Palm Desktop, Microsoft Outlook, ACT!, Lotus Notes, GroupWise, and GoldMine with Google and your phone | CompanionLink

It's not released yet, but if you can wait for it, this software seems to promise to let you sync directly with your desktop...
    Keep your life in sync with The Missing Sync for Palm Pre from MarkSpace
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

My understanding was the activation fee and restock fee are what you have to pay in the 30 days as well as any prorated service fees.

Addendum:
    Actually I am incorrect or they were, in rereading:
    Our Guarantee Looks like there is not much penalty for a full cancel.

Night...I have spent way too many hrs here learning from all of you - thanks ;=)
    Last edited by dp135; 06/07/2009 at 12:44 AM.

Just go to a Sprint Store with your 755P and they can move your contacts. Its really not that much drama.

And by the way your super secret data would need to be on google contacts for a total of 5 minutes and then you could delete it.
    I did. BestBuy's customer service was very good and they helped me work with sprint to get my old plan back on my account.
  10. cme
    wow useing google make it so easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cme View Post
    wow useing google make it so easy.
    except, not everyone wants the info on google, which is the point of this. I personally love it, but don't understand why palm didn't offer a native desktop-device sync. I know they want to be in the cloud, but man, that really hits a lot of businesses who either don't use google or exchange.
  12.    #12  
    I had hoped that I would wake up to find the contacts in my Pre. Nothing there. Still only two Sprint numbers.

I tried Campanionlink. All it does is sync with google, then your phone. Bottom line, you still have to put your data on google. If you think the FBI couldn't get into your google or face book account if motivated then you could be surprised one day.

I will try going to the Sprint store with my Pre, laptop and 755p. If they can migrate the data without exposing the data to the internet,then I will keep the phone. If not, I get a phone that works properly.

If there was a release date on the missing sync, I could get by for a couple of days. There doesn't seem to be a date out there.
    sensitive dat and the palm desktop?

anyhow, when i called t-mo to get my account. after spending 5 minutes trying to convince me to stay, they told me i could come back within 90 days

maybe verizon has he same feature?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    The palm pre data transfer assistant palm_com/us/support/downloads/pre/migration/moveontophone.html ( cant post link because of post ) does a want time transfer from palm desktop or outlook to the pre without google or internet interaction.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    don't forget you have 30 days - if you want to give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    don't forget you have 30 days - if you want to give it a try.
    But remember, you still are required to pay for what data and voice you have used. So try not to expect a easy come, easy go situation. Just a heads up.
  17.    #17  
    It has been chaos trying to get my Verizon account reactivated. I called Verizon this morning at 9am and was told that the migration had not been completed and I should get Sprint to stop the transfer. I went to Best Buy. They gave me an immediate refund. Then they called Sprint to cancel the transfer. Sprint tried to get me to buy a different phone. I said no. After all I have a perfectly good 755p with Verizon. then the Mayhem started. A total of 5 calls have been dropped when I got put on hold by Verizon. One tech told me the exact opposite of the first Tech I spoke with this morning. It was a big mistake to interrupt the transfer process. My number ended up in limbo. I guess they called Sprint to finanalize the transfer and are now trying to port back to Verizon.

The amazing part is that the last tech told me I had to open a brand new account with Verizon and I needed a 12 or 24 month contract (I was on month to month yesterday morning). I asked to speak to next level support and it took about twenty seconds to tell me I could go back to month to month. It is now 7 hours that I am without a phone with a signal.

The moral of the story is this: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, GO TO SPRINT FROM VERIZON UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU WANT TO STAY WITH SPRINT.
    You gotta be kidding me. You have had the device less than 2 days and ready to punt?

I am an iphone 3g user for almost a year and Verizon has nothing close to this phone. Sure its not perfect none are.
  19.    #19  
    A phone without my 1000 contacts is worthless. Even for a day. All Pre sellers should make it a point to warn buyers that they can not sync the phone with their computer.....and no one knows when the situation will change.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast