Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Local BB had 3 pages of people waiting, Sprint stores all over the SF Bay area have a waiting list, I guess production is slow?
    I walked into my local Sprint store to pick up a Touchstone charger and there were 2 guys getting brand new Pres in front of me. This store has had them every time I have been in (3 times since launch). That's the one good thing about living in a less populated area.
    The Sprint store near me, (Brookline/Boston, MA.) has ~80 people on the waiting list. I got mine on launch day but my friend tried to get one the other day and they told him he should expect to wait 3-4 weeks.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Assuming I get one (which is more and more likely), I'll start calling Sprint Corporate stores in the middle of nowhere, and see what turns up.
  5.    #165  
    Now I'm on 4 so-called "waiting lists" for a Pre in the Cleveland area. Does anybody have any ideas how to actually get a phone?
    meh. Ive been on the waitlist at BB since launch! I was seventh, and i call everyday and theres 2 ahead of me FML. Funny thing is, I let an old lady ahead of me not knowing she was gna get the PRe! lol damn you granny
    I talked to Sprint(Phone Representative) last night on the phone and she told me that Sprint was shipping out a bunch of phones starting on Wednesday, which is today. I went down to the Sprint Store today (I had a problem with my PRE, bad screen) to exchange for a new one. They said I was in luck, that they just received 5 phones today and should receive a lot more tomorrow. Of course after I got my replacement the other 4 went fast. They said they should sell out again after the shipment they get tomorrow. You might want to go to your Sprint store tomorrow at open, if you can, to see if your store got the PRE's.
    Are new accounts to Sprint getting preferential treatment? I was switching from ATT and was on the waiting list of 10 - miraculously, I got a call from the store in an hour that one was ready for me. On the waiting list, they DO ask if you are new to Sprint...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Waiting for this:

From Dereks 4 June article
    Palm’s ad campaign won’t kick fully into gear for a full two weeks after [launch] on June 21 with an expensive homepage take-overs of YouTube (the #3 website worldwide, serving up more than 100 million video views a day), AOL.com, and Wired.com. Palm will also produce exclusive content for YouTube and will advertise its content integration on websites like the New York Times and Pandora.

June 22nd will mark the Pre’s first foray into television advertisements, outside of the brief un-credited appearances in Sprint’s Now Network commercials. Palm will focus on “in-season” primetime broadcast and cable shows such as Southland on NBC, Numb3rs on CBS, USA Network’s Burn Notice, and Mad Men on AMC, among others. Palm is also planning on making extensive use of outdoor digital advertisements, including ad space in airports, coffee shops, and various high-traffic office buildings.
    They will need pretty solid stocks to follow it through, so stocks have got to start rolling in soon. I'm guessing the delay in major advertising is because of manufacturing set-backs.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
  10. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    if its any consolation, i got a call today cuz one the Sprint stores got some Pres in and i was on the waiting list. But i put myself on last week and had already gotten one through another store. So i'm estimating its about a week in populated areas (I'm in San Antonio). I'm not sure if lists are getting longer or shorter right now though :/
    cleveland - i live in kalamazoo mi, about 3.5 to 4 hours away from cleveland (west side) if you want to make the drive, the sprint corporate store here has plenty.
    ~1 week waiting list in downtown San Francisco also.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmurphy77 View Post
    Are new accounts to Sprint getting preferential treatment? I was switching from ATT and was on the waiting list of 10 - miraculously, I got a call from the store in an hour that one was ready for me. On the waiting list, they DO ask if you are new to Sprint...
    No. The stores near me are getting shippment every day or every other day. A 20+ wait list is only like 2 days.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Well, I just signed up for the board today as I got my Pre finally today. I skipped launch day and didn't start trying to get one until Friday of last week. On Monday the closest Sprint store to me said "hey, we are getting them every day at about 3pm, come on down." Set up an appointment at 3pm, get down there, and they didn't get any that day. The woman took my wife's name and mine and said she would call when they got some. Nothing Tuesday. Got the call today. Only I was going to get one as the wife was leaning more towards the more familiar Pro, but she jumped in and got one as well.

Loving it so far! Ahe has had a Treo for years, but I have never had one, or BB, or any smartphone. Once I decided my next phone would be a Pre a week before it came out though I went nuts reading/watching all I could about it. I think I made the right choice instead of waiting for the Diamond2.
    I'm about ready to say screw it and wait for the Pre to come to Verizon! I got on a waiting list..well not a waiting list really, a "call list" on Mon June 10th and was told that they'd be getting a big shipment Friday June 12th. I'm STILL waiting for a phone call. They may have called my cell Monday but did not bother to leave a message if they did.

Oh well.......Sprint has probably lost a customer.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xgb788 View Post
    cleveland - i live in kalamazoo mi, about 3.5 to 4 hours away from cleveland (west side) if you want to make the drive, the sprint corporate store here has plenty.
    Ha, how fast are you driving to make that drive in 3.5-4 hours? Cleveland is getting awfully close to Pensylvania LOL. ( I lived in Kzoo for a time while attending WMU)... and have made regular trips to the east coast (Philly/ Wilmington, DE, Newcastle DE... etc. )
    i can't really afford one at the moment without a referral discount so i didnt' get one at launch. But considering how hard it is to get one it's kinda funny that i passed up one at best buy and the last one at a sprint store on launch day. At both places the guy walked up and was like we got one if you want it. Watch in a week i'll be pissed cause i still can't get one.
  18.    #178  
    Where is Pre available today, Friday June 19?
    Stores around me, Milwaukee WI area all have pretty big waiting lists, Brookfield 80+ and Germantown area 20+, been on the waiting lists for a week now. Once they start to advertise this i think it'll be a ton harder to get one. Although if the problems keep creeping up, a lot of people are going to wait. I'm hoping to get one in a week or so and hopefully the pro2 will come out in the 30 days in case i want to switch.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I was number 3 on the launch day waiting list at my local Best Buy and received my Pre on the 12th. My wife was number 4 and is still waiting (and losing patience, but not enough to overcome her dislike of mail-in rebates).

Great forums, BTW! Been lurking since January.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast