Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    Missed getting the Pre on Saturday at an out of town Sprint Reseller. I was 16th in line, but they handed out their 20 phones to the first 11 people...ugh. Anyway, I just stopped by my local Corporate store and they had gotten a new shipment in this morning and were filling their Saturday wait list orders. He took my name and said that they expect more in the morning and will call me. We'll see.
    This is good news indeed.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    As for the comments about being a success... h**p://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=19374 I dunno. That sounds like they thought it was.

I'm number 6 on the list at my local BBuy. I refuse to do another mail in rebate with Sprint. Please allow 6-8 months for your $100 to accrue enough interest to make it worth our wild to print you a check.

That being said, can't wait for that magic call.
    C'mon Best Buy, get a new shipment!
    I missed my chance to get a Pre at my local Best Buy last saturday. I guess I better start calling BB to get on a waiting list.
    My local store went through 100 of them on opening day, and their waitlist is 45 people long
    hey guys, anyone tried Radio Shack?? i was one of those that missed out on launch day... went through a few sprint stores myself, and was told they sold out and don't know when they will get more... the FIRST call i made to RS near my work and the sweet girl told me they have it!!! took me all 30 minutes to drive there, get phone, set phone, drive back. im in NYC

PS, i got my pre an hour ago... can't play with it yet, back to work.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrucialTK View Post
    My local store went through 100 of them on opening day, and their waitlist is 45 people long
    Same story over here. I guess I'm number 46 on the list now. I went there (and a couple of other places) on Saturday. All sold out. I should've signed up for the waiting list right away, but I was sick and still am. Driving around for a Pre didn't help. snif.
    My local store in NJ got a bunch in today from UPS while I was there buying a travel Charger. I dont know how many. Guy behind the counter just said " Ahh we got more of the PRE in cool". I asked how they did and any returns . they sold all 30ish and 1 return for a glitch.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    My store (branded, non corp) is supposed to call me today to tell me when my preorder will be filled. If they don't, I might have to cancel and try the official one that is quite further away.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    My local store in NJ got a bunch in today from UPS while I was there buying a travel Charger. I dont know how many. Guy behind the counter just said " Ahh we got more of the PRE in cool". I asked how they did and any returns . they sold all 30ish and 1 return for a glitch.
    Which store in NJ?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Interesting that so many were sold out. I waited until Sunday and had no problem getting one. I guess some markets just got more units at launch.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    You won't wait long. All the returns that will be happening should create plenty of refurbished units.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by victorbox View Post
    hey guys, anyone tried Radio Shack?? i was one of those that missed out on launch day... went through a few sprint stores myself, and was told they sold out and don't know when they will get more... the FIRST call i made to RS near my work and the sweet girl told me they have it!!! took me all 30 minutes to drive there, get phone, set phone, drive back. im in NYC

PS, i got my pre an hour ago... can't play with it yet, back to work.
    I got mine at Radio Shack. It's better there anyway. It's instant rebate, not mail in. $199+tax out the door.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzla View Post
    I got mine at Radio Shack. It's better there anyway. It's instant rebate, not mail in. $199+tax out the door.
    Careful, though. They are a reseller. Make sure they have the same return policy as Sprint. They might well have, but check before you buy.
    I just swung by my Sprint Store to get a Touchstone and their waiting list is over 100 people.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I'm number 6 on the best buy waiting list. Stopped in the Sprint store less than 2 blocks away after leaving bbuy and I would have been number 85. To weight out who will get their shipments first. My guess would be Sprint but that damn $100 mail in...
    Stopped by my local Radio Shack. They said that they didn't have any, but their corporate email assured them that they'll have them in four to six weeks.

Contacted the largest Best Buy in my area. They didn't have any, but would have them in "sometime", when pressed it was about two months, and no I could not be put on a waiting list.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    I called two local Sprint Corp. stores and they "don't know" when more are due in stock. What a f_ _king joke!
    Have you tried non-corp Sprint stores? They are much more forthcoming with information and they also keep lists of people to contact once stock arrives.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Have you tried non-corp Sprint stores? They are much more forthcoming with information and they also keep lists of people to contact once stock arrives.
    My non-corp hasn't gotten their first shipment yet! They are saying that they have no idea, its up to sprint to send them their order.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    My non-corp hasn't gotten their first shipment yet! They are saying that they have no idea, its up to sprint to send them their order.
    Buyrihn and I had a lot of luck with non-corp stores. I'd just focus my search on non-corp stores as opposed to corps, i.e. call as many non-corp stores as possible.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast