Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I called two local Sprint Corp. stores and they "don't know" when more are due in stock. What a f_ _king joke!
  2.    #22  
    [QUOTE=Gekko;1647199]did you get one C-Rocker? please tell me you did and you already have your Night Ranger and Def Leppard ringtones and wallpaper. NO, ROLLING STONES AND GENESIS.
    They've got plenty of Pres I'm sure. Selling out was part of the game. Releasing the right amount of devices at the right time is also all a part of the game. There's some strategy here for sure. Palm and Sprint have a few more cards up their sleeves.
    Funny story. My neighbor went to a local store before it opened and they gave the first 30 customers tickets. After that, they were out. He had to wait about 3 hours to final get his phone after they went through all the customers before him.

I swung by a different store at 10:30 and they told me they still had them in stock. I picked mine up and was out the door in 15 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasafar View Post
    They've got plenty of Pres I'm sure. Selling out was part of the game. Releasing the right amount of devices at the right time is also all a part of the game. There's some strategy here for sure. Palm and Sprint have a few more cards up their sleeves.
    So, why exactly does everything need to be a conspiracy theory? Without any evidence, and I know I've seen none, your statement is just conjecture. If you're going to judge harshly, back it up with some evidence and/or logical reasoning.
  6.    #26  
    Is getting customers pissed, and perhaps losing them, part of their 'game plan' too?
  7.    #27  
    How can we get it if the stores don't keep them in stock?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I wish there was a live Sprint (or BB/RS/etc.) inventory page somewhere. I remember something like that with the Wii or iPhone. That would be awesome right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasafar View Post
    I really doubt it... Sure it is a good thing that they sold out, but they could have sold 3X as many and still "sold out". There were very credible reports of manufacturing problems at Foxconn which apparently contributed to a smaller than desireable quantity at launch.

And further, it would be to their distinct advantage to sell as many Pre's as possible before Apple's new iPhone debut.

So I seriously doubt that the numbers they had to sell they considered to be "the right amount"... rather they wanted to sell 2-3X as many if they had them, that would be my guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    How can we get it if the stores don't keep them in stock?
    Do you work for a company with corp discounts? Here was my plan C if I wasn't able to get one on launch day:

https://bluefish.sprint.com/employee...y:corpdiscount

you enter your email and it checks if you're eligible - then select "Upgrade Phone" and then the Pre is there. However the caveat is that it says specifically:

"Palm Pre
    Due to the high demand of the Palm Pre, we cannot guarantee the availability of this device. We will input orders on a first come, first serve basis."

but it is indeed there if you want to place your order. I know it's not much but just trying to help out
    They have a warehouse full of them, I'm just waiting for someone to leak the photo.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    Is getting customers pissed, and perhaps losing them, part of their 'game plan' too?
    SO your patience is so thin that you are ready to leave a carrier after not getting the phone the first two days its been out?
    I was told Wednesday and then put on a waiting list for a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshH37 View Post
    I was told Wednesday and then put on a waiting list for a replacement.
    Bah, they wouldn't tell me when they expected a shipment. The guy was very friendly and we talked about the phone for 10 minutes, but when it came to details he was still tight lipped. He did tell me he expected those of us on the waitlist (I'm #14) to get our phone in the next shipment. If only I knew when to expect it! I'm guessing by the end of the week. The guy did tell me his story got the most phones in the area. However, he didn't define how big an area.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    If i am going to keep, it'll need exchanged. That giant dead pixel right in the middle doesn't sit well with me. Not enough an issue to affect the tryout period though.

Still, makes me wonder how many exchanges they'll have to do or how many will take back.
    My store has a bunch they are on back order
    Quote Originally Posted by kraklist View Post
    My store has a bunch they are on back order
    isn't that a contradicting statement? lol
    I was told Wednesday by one corporate store and Friday at another. I had to ASK to be put on a waiting list. And then there is STILL no guarantee that I'll get one!
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Do you work for a company with corp discounts? Here was my plan C if I wasn't able to get one on launch day:

https://bluefish.sprint.com/employee...y:corpdiscount

you enter your email and it checks if you're eligible - then select "Upgrade Phone" and then the Pre is there. However the caveat is that it says specifically:

"Palm Pre
    Due to the high demand of the Palm Pre, we cannot guarantee the availability of this device. We will input orders on a first come, first serve basis."

but it is indeed there if you want to place your order. I know it's not much but just trying to help out

Hmm, when i go though this i can only get the 75 dollar off. Get the eligibility page shows me that i get the full one as of 01/01/2009. Oh well. not going that route. may just try walmart or bestbuy.
    Missed getting the Pre on Saturday at an out of town Sprint Reseller. I was 16th in line, but they handed out their 20 phones to the first 11 people...ugh. Anyway, I just stopped by my local Corporate store and they had gotten a new shipment in this morning and were filling their Saturday wait list orders. He took my name and said that they expect more in the morning and will call me. We'll see.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast