Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    I have been on a list at Best Buy here in Metro Detroit for a week and nothing. Do you think Sprint isn't replenishing Best Buy because of the rebate offer?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fretless View Post
    Great forums, BTW! Been lurking since January.
    Welcome to precentral fretless! Glad to hear you dig 'em.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    I spok with the rep at Best buy and they said they only give them two units at a time. I think its the rebate issue. Fortunately my local Radio Shack had a few left on launch day and they gave me an instant rebate since I was crossing over from VZW.
  4.    #184  
    I finally got a call from a Sprint store in Mentor, Ohio to come in and have the Pre activated and set-up, two weeks after launch. Is that too long of a wait? And what's "Ready Now" all about?
    Last edited by clevelandrocker; 06/20/2009 at 08:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I'm still waiting. On 2 lists in SF (downtown) no word yet. I was about 80 on on and 100 on the other when I signed up about 10-12 days ago, a few days after launch. They estimated 2-3 weeks. I went to Emeryville and signed up yesterday but have no clue about placement. They said one month. How can we meetpre if the stork hasn't delivered?
    I'm in the southwest Chicago suburbs. I called all the Best Buys and Radio Shacks in the area and they were sold out. However, the first sprint store I tried had a few in stock.

I now have a pre. yay.
    Originally posted by Babywayne:
    I have been on a list at Best Buy here in Metro Detroit for a week and nothing. Do you think Sprint isn't replenishing Best Buy because of the rebate offer?
    No. It's a hot seller and they can't keep it on the shelf or supply the demand at corporate Sprint stores. Best Buy is the low list of priority.

Best Buy is a retailer who sales many other products. Sprint is the exclusive contract company and Sprint's focus is phones and accessories for phones. Thus, Palm provides a larger supply to Sprint. When they ramp up and have enough supplies, it will be different, but right now the Palm Pre is supplied on a Palm partner priority basis.

Additionally, remember when the original iPhone came out. Only AT&T and Apple had them. It took a while, before they allowed regular retailers to have it. At least you can get it at Best Buy and Radio Shack, they just don't get supplied with as much or as often as corporate Sprint.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910