1.    #1  
    So I am new to Sprint and bought the PRE. I know there is a 30 day policy to return it right?

But on this MIR form I am reading that I have to postmark the MIR by 6-20-09. Does that mean I either lose out no the MIR or return it within 14 days instead?

If I mail out this MIR and decide to return it how does that work? do I get the full value that I paid back or do I have to wait for 100 to come in MIR?

Also is there any fee associated with returning it in within 30 days?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am going to go ahead and mail mine. They don't process the rebates for about 4-6 weeks anyway. They wait and make sure you haven't returned it before they mail it.
  3. DDD
    You should get back the full purchase price, except for the $35 restocking fee. This is one reason it takes 6-8 weeks before one gets the MIR back.
    Also Known as 3_D
  4.    #4  
    sweet, I will do the same then.

thanks
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    You should get back the full purchase price, except for the $35 restocking fee. This is one reason it takes 6-8 weeks before one gets the MIR back.
    so I will get charged 35 restocking fee?

Also they charged 36 activation fee. I take it I will be charged then for:

1. activation fee 36
    2. restock fee 35
    3. prorated use of the plan for the month

correct?
    Yup, the store told me to mail it in as soon as possible and then if I decide to return it then they'll cancel the MIR. Though, I have never been charged a restocking fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    so I will get charged 35 restocking fee?

Also they charged 36 activation fee. I take it I will be charged then for:

1. activation fee 36
    2. restock fee 35
    3. prorated use of the plan for the month

correct?
    According to what I read at the Sprint store, the $35 restocking fee only applies if you exchange it for another type of phone. Not sure if you'll get your activation fee back, but I would think so.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  8.    #8  
    thanks for all the help guys and gals
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    According to what I read at the Sprint store, the $35 restocking fee only applies if you exchange it for another type of phone. Not sure if you'll get your activation fee back, but I would think so.
    According to my store, if you return and cancel service there is no restocking fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    According to my store, if you return and cancel service there is no restocking fee.
    That's what it says on the bottom of my receipt: Effective 4/20/09 a $35 restocking fee will be charged to exchange a device for a different model or color. This fee does not apply to returns and will be collected when the device is exchanged. See sprint.comm.

Also, my MIR form says it must be postmarked by 7/25/09.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 06/07/2009 at 06:21 AM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard