1.    #1  
    For quick entry stuff... Like Youtube... or typing in a web address... I sure wish there was an on screen keyboard... Because I am too Darn Lazy to open the keyboard...

For long messages... I love the keyboard...

But seriously.. do I really need to slide open the keyboard everytime I want to just enter a 4-7 letter word?
    i want a virtual keyboard also
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Are you that lazy? It takes .00001 of a second to slide it up. I know an on-screen keyboard would be eaiser but come on... (I mean no disrespect)
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I agree, there should be SOMETHING at least for landscape mode in the web browser. it's very awkward to swap back and forth.

But Palm said it should be able to be done in the SDK... so hopefully someone picks up on it. Still would rather have a system wide option from palm.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Are you that lazy? It takes .00001 of a second to slide it up. I know an on-screen keyboard would be eaiser but come on... (I mean no disrespect)
    Yes I am..... Especially in landscape mode
    Eguy... if you're viewing a webpage in landscape.. and you have to type something...

it's annoying to rotate the phone , flop open the keyboard, start typing, close it, and then rotate and zoom back in.
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    I agree, there should be SOMETHING at least for landscape mode in the web browser. it's very awkward to swap back and forth.

But Palm said it should be able to be done in the SDK... so hopefully someone picks up on it. Still would rather have a system wide option from palm.
    I really don't see how it would be possible to do in the SDK. You'd have to load every page inside of an iframe and then monitor the :focus events of every input or textarea and then pull up a virtual keyboard. If the cross-site-scripting issues are waived when inside an app, that could work. Honestly, I'd hate to have to see someone code their own browser app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Its got nothing to do with being lazy, but functional.

Anyways, you could say that about anything. "Gee, are you too lazy to plug in your phone instead of using the Touchstone?" "Too lazy to dial a number instead of setting speed dial?"

Blah blah blah.
    It might be possible to use the notification are while in the browser or any other program for an on screen koyboard. The benefit is the area already knows how to handle shrinking apps down and it is a touch area for input. No telling if it is possible yet.