Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gizmo21
  • 1 Post By mypalmpred
  1.    #1  
    I dont use my google contacts and I don't know how there were over 500+ emails in there. So during setup, I logged in using my gmail account and now my contacts have a bunch of junk.

    I've cleaned up my google contacts with my real contacts (including phone numbers) but the two are not syncing!

    How do I delete every contact from the phone and get the correct contacts from google contacts again?
  2.    #2  
    found the answer ..

    device info -> reset options -> partial erase / full erase
  3. jtiis's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #3  
    or, get back in line for a new(er) Pre.
  4. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by prenopre View Post
    found the answer ..

    device info -> reset options -> partial erase / full erase
    It is a problem if it only add but not sync with Google account. I would expect Pre to sync to whatever's in the Google contact, not just add new ones. I don't see resetting just for removing one contact.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  5. #5  
    Is there any way to erase all contacts without erasing apps etc. ?

    I need to get rid of all the personal information but i want to keep the apps and settings.
  6. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by splashote View Post
    Is there any way to erase all contacts without erasing apps etc. ?

    I need to get rid of all the personal information but i want to keep the apps and settings.
    If you are using the Palm Profile, unfortunately not. You have to delete each contact separately. If your using Gmail or Yahoo as your contacts just delete that account from the phone and also turn on the back up to delete it from there. Then turn it back on and back up your data w/o the contacts included.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  7. #7  

    1. how can i delete my contact so i can put new thing on phone

  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by h-cubed View Post
    If you are using the Palm Profile, unfortunately not. You have to delete each contact separately. If your using Gmail or Yahoo as your contacts just delete that account from the phone and also turn on the back up to delete it from there. Then turn it back on and back up your data w/o the contacts included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Acevedo View Post

    1. how can i delete my contact so i can put new thing on phone

    • First remove all (synergy-)accounts that have the "contacts"-switch on, or at least turn that switch to OFF.
    • After that wait a while as the databases get cleaned.
    • Then reboot the whole device.
    • Use the app Impostah (can be found in Preware) BEWARE it's a mighty Tool: go to DATABASES -
      Contacts.palmprofile:1 - QUERY and choose in menu "delete all items"
    • Now all entries in contacts should be gone,
    • If not there could be "undefined" zombie entries, redo Impostah step with other contact account names or with "contact:1"-database
    • There could be SIM contacts, which could also be removed in Impostah or just will be removed when you take out the SIM-card


    Perhaps a last reboot could be useful.

    Same should apply to calendar entries
    Rnp likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    • [*]First remove all (synergy-)accounts that have the "contacts"-switch on, or at least turn that switch to OFF.
    • After that wait a while as the databases get cleaned.
    • Then reboot the whole device.
    • Use the app Impostah (can be found in Preware) BEWARE it's a mighty Tool: go to DATABASES -
      Contacts.palmprofile:1 - QUERY and choose in menu "delete all items"
    • Now all entries in contacts should be gone,
    • If not there could be "undefined" zombie entries, redo Impostah step with other contact account names or with "contact:1"-database
    • There could be SIM contacts, which could also be removed in Impostah or just will be removed when you take out the SIM-card


    Perhaps a last reboot could be useful.

    Same should apply to calendar entries
    Regarding the first step (bolded), webos will not allow me to turn-off my contacts-switch in my synergy accounts. The primary account that I'm attempting to delete contacts from is my Webos account, and all of the switches are greyed-out, and I also am not allowed to delete it.

    I can, however, go into Impostah and delete all of the entries in my Webos contacts account, but won't they just repopulate again from my Palm backup?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    Regarding the first step (bolded), webos will not allow me to turn-off my contacts-switch in my synergy accounts. The primary account that I'm attempting to delete contacts from is my Webos account, and all of the switches are greyed-out, and I also am not allowed to delete it.

    I can, however, go into Impostah and delete all of the entries in my Webos contacts account, but won't they just repopulate again from my Palm backup?
    No they won't. I just did this with Impostah since I use only Google contacts. It removes the entries from their server. There's a step by step on this forum. Just do a search for it.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    No they won't. I just did this with Impostah since I use only Google contacts. It removes the entries from their server. There's a step by step on this forum. Just do a search for it.
    I actually use Chapura to synch all of my contacts, notes, calendar, and tasks directly with my PC, keeping all my data off a cloud controlled by someone else. Somehow I ended up with orphaned contacts in my webos account. And now that I've upgraded from a Pre2 to a Pre3 I wanted to take this migration-opportunity to remove those contacts from Palm's server. So, I went ahead and just deleted the contacts in contacts.palmprofile:1 and they have not reloaded onto my device. I guess I should now do another backup to make sure that the old backup is wiped of this data. Anyway, it looks like it all worked. So thank you to everyone in the thread who has been helpful.
    Alan Morford likes this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    • First remove all (synergy-)accounts that have the "contacts"-switch on, or at least turn that switch to OFF.
    • After that wait a while as the databases get cleaned.
    • Then reboot the whole device.
    • Use the app Impostah (can be found in Preware) BEWARE it's a mighty Tool: go to DATABASES -
      Contacts.palmprofile:1 - QUERY and choose in menu "delete all items"
    • Now all entries in contacts should be gone,
    • If not there could be "undefined" zombie entries, redo Impostah step with other contact account names or with "contact:1"-database
    • There could be SIM contacts, which could also be removed in Impostah or just will be removed when you take out the SIM-card


    Perhaps a last reboot could be useful.

    Same should apply to calendar entries
    First remove all (synergy-)accounts that have the "contacts"-switch on, or at least turn that switch to OFF.
    After that wait a while as the databases get cleaned.
    Then reboot the whole device.
    Use the app Impostah (can be found in Preware) BEWARE it's a mighty Tool: go to DATABASES -
    Contacts.palmprofile:1 - QUERY and choose in menu "delete all items"
    Now all entries in contacts should be gone,
    If not there could be "undefined" zombie entries, redo Impostah step with other contact account names or with "contact:1"-database
    There could be SIM contacts, which could also be removed in Impostah or just will be removed when you take out the SIM-card


    Perhaps a last reboot could be useful.

    Same should apply to calendar entries




    Thanks gizmo21
    It worked
    All my contacts are deleted

    Now How to import Contacts From google without Internet

    While using the Internet
    1. Go to Gmail OLD CONTACTS
    2. Select What all contacts you would like to have in your Device
    3. Click on MORE and then Export
    4. In the WHICH EXPORT FORMAT tick the VCARD FORMAT and click the EXPORT
    5. Go to the Address at which the Contacts file is stored copy it into the device
    6. Open it in your device using INTERNALZ PRO
    7. Open INTERNALZ PRO navigate through it to find the contacts file.
    8. When Found tap on it and press open
    9. The only contacts you want on your Mobile

    Note: INTERNALZ PRO can be installed using preware not a problem you can find tips how to install it
  13. #13  
    Hi all..

    I am presently on Pre3 (I have a 2 of them)
    I also have Pre Plus which I had erased and then could not restart because HP shut down its servers.
    I have / had used that palm Login for one of the Pre3.

    Can somebody give a line by line instruction (or point me to the appropriate thread ) for re-starting the Pre Plus?

    K
  14. #14  
    Assuming you don't have 2.x installed on the Pre Plus, the procedure to bypass activation is different to that on the Pre3. Here's how it's done, however you need to download devicetool.jar from somewhere else, probably best to do a search for it on this forum.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Assuming you don't have 2.x installed on the Pre Plus, the procedure to bypass activation is different to that on the Pre3. Here's how it's done, however you need to download devicetool.jar from somewhere else, probably best to do a search for it on this forum.
    http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdow...devicetool.jar

    Might need to do this first:
    https://pivotce.com/2015/06/15/tip-e...-palm-servers/

Posting Permissions