Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now that the PRE is out, how many of your significant others are pissed, jealous or going ape nuts because you have a new baby/toy!?
    I bought 4 of them so everyone in my household has retreated to their rooms to download apps and figure out how to use this sucker
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DoeChop View Post
    I bought 4 of them so everyone in my household has retreated to their rooms to download apps and figure out how to use this sucker
    See, that's the way you do it...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Yep, I also had the good sense to get a Pre for my wife. This is the first time we've gotten a brand new model at the same time - typically, she got the "hand-me-down" model I was replacing. She's also likely to be happier with the Pre than I am, at least initially... While my Treo 700p was heavily customized with third-party apps, my wife was happy with my old Treo 650 running pretty much "stock." So while we're both pretty thrilled with the Pre already, I'm the one trying to ignore everything it *can't* (yet) do.

--John
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DoeChop View Post
    I bought 4 of them so everyone in my household has retreated to their rooms to download apps
    Well that wont take long.

ok, i had to say it!!! i mean, the apps store is kindof small right now. hahaha. no disrespect meant, just having fun!
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Once my time with Verizon is up, I'll have to get my wive a Pre if I get one. The price of marriage!
    Hubby has a blackberry. He knows I'll surface again eventually, and was emotionally prepared for our time apart.
    I'm happily in my cave with my new "Precious."
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    Well that wont take long.

ok, i had to say it!!! i mean, the apps store is kindof small right now. hahaha. no disrespect meant, just having fun!
    Well that is true; can't wait til they get more stuff in there to try out.
    Meanwhile, at least we have Pandora to keep us occupied...
    I bought one for my wife first - she had hers for three months before I got mine, so she wasn't upset by how much time I spent when I got mine Course she was jealous that I installed homebrew stuff on mine first.
    My gf got one to compensate haha.
    Isn't there an off topic forum for posts such as this?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    My girlfriend was jealous of the phone for the first month or so, but after I installed Dope Wars it is now I who am jealous. Hard to pry it from her fingers sometimes!
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    My wife knows the drill. She gets my Palm Pre when the new version comes out

Actually, she has her eye on the Pixie, but can't do anything until Novell updates the GroupWise system to use EAS.
    My wife didnt want the pre because of the price.. that was until i got mine and she used it once. Needless to say now we have 2...lol
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    *laughs*

I got two Pre's, one for myself and one for my girlfriend, as we were consolidating our cell plans to a single family plan. This is her first real smartphone, and she's loving it!
    When my girlfriend and I bought the pre, a few days later, and we separated.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    My GF refuses to leave Verizon so she went and bought a Tour instead. I think she got the short end of the stick every time I see her frantically working the trackball to surf a (poorly rendered) webpage.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberRanger View Post
    Once my time with Verizon is up, I'll have to get my wive a Pre if I get one. The price of marriage!
    Sprint is so cheap that initially I was downgrading to non-data on VZ for family. After additional calculation, it's cheaper to just pay the early termination fee. I'll cancel the other three lines on 9/25/09, because one of the lines contract ends on 9/24.
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 09/02/2009 at 02:39 PM.
    My wife and I both got one on day one, and she is used to my many interests (Tech, cars, etc.) so I am good.
    Wifey is not very pleased with my cell addiction (she calls my Pre "your mistress"); however, this the first phone that she said she wants when I upgrade in the future.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast