Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    off on the bleeding edge again. I'll wait for a few updates or possible generation 2, to see how things workout. In the mean time, my centro with tealOS is stable and serves me well.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    off on the bleeding edge again. I'll wait for a few updates or possible generation 2, to see how things workout. In the mean time, my centro with tealOS is stable and serves me well.
    You truely are a moron. And I say that in the nicest possible way.
    /shrug the phone is fine the only people having issues are the ones that refused to read anything negative the past two weeks. It is exactly as i expected. Slightly bare bones but very functional, still better than my iphone was and has lots of potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Don't be a ****** bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    /shrug the phone is fine the only people having issues are the ones that refused to read anything negative the past two weeks. It is exactly as i expected. Slightly bare bones but very functional, still better than my iphone was and has lots of potential.
    Wow, that is shocking to me. The iphone with v3 software out Monday sounds much more mature and functional...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    no need to flame a guy for wanting to wait. Its not like there aren't problems with the phone. That said I absolutely love it! Im glad I got one
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Wow, that is shocking to me. The iphone with v3 software out Monday sounds much more mature and functional...
    In what way? they havent even managed to copy some of the pre's most basic features. All they are doing with 3.0 so far is just catching up to features on every other psmarthone for the past 5 yrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    I have 3.0 beta 5 (most recent) and I can tell you this it will not be available on Monday unless Apple wants a bunch of pissed off users it isn't ready for prime time.

Also 3.0 doesn't really add anything to the table the pre doesn't do for me except video which we have been told is coming soon. As an Iphone user for the past 2 years I know the device well enough to say I'm glad I moved to the Pre even if WebOS needs some work.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    yeah, cuz you have used the 3.0 update for the iphone personally.....come on people, really? seriously?

To the OP, you should try it out, don't read reviews or forums....just my .02.
    I agree with the OP... I might be returning mine, depending on if Palm fixes some of the glaring errors with the phone. It's pretty nice, but it seems more like what the Centro should have been, rather than a new version of the Treo.
    He's a SERO user, take his comments with a grain of salt...
    I don't know where people are getting the idea that 3.0 will be available on Monday, what will happen is that they will talk about it but I doubt release it. It is true that it has taken iPhone three major updates to get some basic stuff working but Palm is not a newbie to the phone business. With the amount of years it has in experience and with the urgent need of this phone i'm surprised it got some of these things wrong. Certainly the arrogance of Palm stating the SDK will be available in a couple of months will not entice many uses to switch from a GSM carrier to a CDMA. I bought my pre and am happy so far but have my doubt if I should keep it beyond the 30-day trial. At a minimum they should have released the SDK.
    There is no need for that. He has a right to feel like that.
    I had a problem with mine. Crashing, light leakage problem (clouding), dead pixels, sluggish, locking up, and I read a lot of the negative info but nothing like what I got was mentioned. I got a 2nd one and it's been great. It crashed on me once but I tried to see how many apps I could open before it crashed. Answer, it's 13. Since then it's been great. Longhorntreo, just give it a try and see if you like it.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 06/06/2009 at 10:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    yeh me too. the multi app functionality and 'gui'ness is awesome on this phone, you gotta give it a break.

mine has 29 days to start behaving, and I'll read a lot about my pre in that 29 days before taking it back
    um iphone 3.0 beta has been out forever the dude isnt lying lol
    Here's the problem:

You could've written this thread 3 months ago, and it would've been just as true.

And plenty of us saw the litany of complaints today just as far off as well. So if that helps reinforce your predetermined conclusions, great.

Folks, this phone isn't perfect, but it is damn good. And there's plenty of room for improvement, just as there is on any OS around these days. Apple had how many random Safari crashes and SMS lag issues for how long again? Windows Mobile has had memory leaks and program crashes for how long now? Blackberry has had memory issues w/ apps for how long? The Storm's firmware has been in flux for how long again?

NOBODY gets it perfect right out of the gate. Nobody. But Palm came a lot closer than most phones on the market, and is already releasing one update, to be followed by many, many more.
    Don't be a ****** bag.
    .... uh... ok. Seriously, how do you even begin to say it's good you didn't jump ship when you didn't jump ship? Also, sprint has a 30 day policy on all new phones, so tell me, why isn't it moronic like to say "I'm glad I didn't jump ship"?
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    There is no need for that. He has a right to feel like that.
    True, but I have the same right to point out the stupidity of a remark as well.

Again, I say it is at the very least near sighted, and at the worst moronic to state that a phone is no good without trying it.

Apple haters do this all the time as do WinMo haters and Blackberry haters. Try it, then come and post your opinion. Not before.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    In what way? they havent even managed to copy some of the pre's most basic features. All they are doing with 3.0 so far is just catching up to features on every other psmarthone for the past 5 yrs.
    And what is Pre's excuse? Uh, people have had custom alert tones for how long? Universal Pre search that isn't universal. etc? All these things are in the iPhone or coming within a week or so. Pre has to get bug fixes out before it starts releasing major new functionality...

I have 3.0 beta 5 (most recent) and I can tell you this it will not be available on Monday unless Apple wants a bunch of pissed off users it isn't ready for prime time.

Also 3.0 doesn't really add anything to the table the pre doesn't do for me except video which we have been told is coming soon. As an Iphone user for the past 2 years I know the device well enough to say I'm glad I moved to the Pre even if WebOS needs some work.

S Universal search of email, which iphone was ridiculous not to have, custom ring tones for alerts, battery life, to name a few
    .... uh... ok. Seriously, how do you even begin to say it's good you didn't jump ship when you didn't jump ship? Also, sprint has a 30 day policy on all new phones, so tell me, why isn't it moronic like to say "I'm glad I didn't jump ship"?

I did jump ship. Ported over today from the Iphone and same is true for my wife.

What the hell are you rambling about anyways? You call people morons and offer nothing constructive.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast