Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would have loved to have a different opinion.. but I don't think Apple will have anything to worry about with the release of the Pre.. I actually think it will increase iPhones 3.0 sales with people thinking nothing new and innovative is around the corner.. iPhone is just so much better in nearly every category, I can actually type faster on the virtual keypad than this tiny, non-ergo keypad of this Pre.. .. and man does this Pre get hot with use!.. wow..
    yawn... really shawn....whats the point of posting this?
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    yawn... really shawn....whats the point of posting this?
    +1
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Apple didn't have anything to worry about anyway. I want them to have some competition which is better for all of us. I'm frustrated that Palm's attention to detail didn't extend to FUNCTIONALITY.
    actually, it does. that's why apple probably wants to try to figure out the multi-tasking part on their new iphone line. and it's good to have competition where both can co-exist.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    I would have loved to have a different opinion.. but I don't think Apple will have anything to worry about with the release of the Pre.. I actually think it will increase iPhones 3.0 sales with people thinking nothing new and innovative is around the corner.. iPhone is just so much better in nearly every category, I can actually type faster on the virtual keypad than this tiny, non-ergo keypad of this Pre.. .. and man does this Pre get hot with use!.. wow..
    We get it, you don't like the thing. You don't need to make 50 posts to say so.
    Yeah, I have to agree. I was with you expressing yourself but that's enough, now your just being a pain. You don't like it, you said you are taking it back, you said it sucks, etc., that's enough.
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    Come back after 2 updates and say the iphone is better in every category. I don't know where people get that the iphone is this near perfect phone. I use one and I love it but it has some serious problem too. It crashes, programs just stop for no reason and most people seem to want this phone to do something another phone does and not seeing this as a new product and not a Palm OS refresh. They will fix bugs and add new features just like what the iphone been doing for the last few years. Apple never has anything to worry about because they have a great product and no matter how good this phone turns out to be it will just mean 3 good phone products (don't forget that the iphone did nothing to the blackberry line)
    Why not just continue adding your thoughts in the other threads?

You could also return the unit... No one will think badly of you for it.
    because it's so much fun for him to troll...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    OK. Au revoir!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ...and you wanna be my latex salesman....?
    I think each device targets a specific niche of people.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    because it's so much fun for him to troll...
    Yeah but calling him a troll gives him too much satisfaction (and sorta breaks the rules of the forums).
    You love the iPhone but should remember that the first iPhone missed a lot of features also. AND so did the 2nd. They are fixing this in the 3RD model, yes the 3RD.

I'm less impressed by all the bug reports also, but it's not really the only phone that ever happened to.

I do however wish that Palm had tested quality control a bit better, because dead pixels, freezing and overheating should NOT be an issue. Missing features can be done with a firmware update, but with some things it's obvious that they should have been included. The copy/paste thing is mind-boggling. Document editing should be made available ASAP.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    no offense but after seeing the rumored iphone links i was thinking the same idea as you... the pre has nothing to worry about if thats all they have.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I'll tell you what- Apple SHOULD be worried. Their OS feels dated and kind of reminds me when I switched from MS to OS X. I love my Pre. Yes it has issues, but take it from someone who has had the iPhone for 2 years: The Pre out-iPhones the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    really? I ported 2 iphone 3g lines to sprint for the pre.....sorry, but your whole point is now invalid.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    There's always therapy.Wait.The iphone does a better job on the couch sessions.
    The problem with the Pre and apple is that Pre didn't look at what made the iPhone so successfull. It was accepted for the iPhone to need future enhancements to be of good functionality but Palm has been around for a very long time. This phone needed to be great for Sprint and Palm. With the amount of customers that Sprint has been loosing I don't think the Pre will be the phone they had hoped it to be. I like the pre so far dont get me wrong but I believe they really got it wrong by not letting more developers have acess to the SDK. At this point Palm and Sprint needed a revolutionary phone so that people quit leaving and begin to come back.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast