Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 71 of 71
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers View Post

    Hated it....Calender didn't work like I wanted, different apps to do what DateBk does all by itself....no Pocket Quicken...just wasn't gonna work.

    Just thought I would add my 2 cents that I will be staying with Palm and learning a new OS when I have to. But still lovin my Touch for reading

    Guess I should add that I have no desire to have internet on my phone. Guess I am old fashioned but I actually like not having EVERYTHING available ALL the time. Wi-Fi on the touch is enough for me
    I think you should probably just stick with the Centro if you don't want the internet on your phone. WebOS has more in common with the iPhone OS than it does with PalmOS. The PIM software is completely different and PocketQuicken is not supported. The only thing the Centro and the Pre share is the word Palm enscribed on the device.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    If thats exactly why you love the Pre (because its not an Apple product) then you got some issues man.

    BTW, not every Apple product has to belong to a fanboy you know. Why not try using a Mac with OS X for a while so you actually have some basis to know what you're talking about & quit your hating. Really, what you're doing is no better than the fanboys on the other side.
    Actually my company is run by Apple fanboys and they force me to use OSX all day at work for my work. And they give out iphones to each employee (which I declined). So I feel pretty safe in criticizing Apple products - I can't stand them or their religion.

    I was merely stating a fact. And that fact is that Apple has a huge following by million of people that think they can do no wrong. That following will not easily be swayed by cooler produts. They are swayed by the Apple logo.
  3. #63  
    I think The Pre is a great 1.0 release but only updates and possible quick exchanges for hardware issues can make it better. I love the Sprint network so it's either this or the Touch Pro and I like the Pre more than that thing...
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    there.. I am just giving the idiots out there who can't stand a little Palm Pre criticism their well deserved dose of "me".. the majority who responded with rude and unsolicited personal attacks... you know who your are...
    lol!
  5. #65  
    Palm should not have shipped this device claiming Exchange ActiveSync support without supporting PIN lock and remote wipe policies.

    Yeah, the iPhone is looking better right about now, even without a physical keyboard.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Yippee! If these opinions happen to turn out to be true.

    Would you say this contrived whining is akin to unproven cheerleading?

    And recognized as such - just as you should acknowledge others' opinions for what they are. There are no absolute "truths" here.
    Bravo!
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Palm should not have shipped this device claiming Exchange ActiveSync support without supporting PIN lock and remote wipe policies.

    Yeah, the iPhone is looking better right about now, even without a physical keyboard.
    You can lock the phone with a PIN(and also a long password too if you want) unless its some EAS thing I have no idea about...
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    You can lock the phone with a PIN(and also a long password too if you want) unless its some EAS thing I have no idea about...
    it's an EAS thing that you have no idea about
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Actually my company is run by Apple fanboys and they force me to use OSX all day at work for my work. And they give out iphones to each employee (which I declined). So I feel pretty safe in criticizing Apple products - I can't stand them or their religion.

    I was merely stating a fact. And that fact is that Apple has a huge following by million of people that think they can do no wrong. That following will not easily be swayed by cooler produts. They are swayed by the Apple logo.


    You may be working at the wrong company if you're employed by Apple fanboys but can't stand them or Apple. And are forced to use their products.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeshan View Post
    WE (educated users) all know what the Pre can do. But the truth is, Apple really doesnt have anything to worry about. Their target audience is not a Pre audience (in the big picture). Reason being...the iPhone appeals to the "kids", 9-21 yrs of age. alot of the older crowd is on blackberries or treo's as their smartphone of choice.

    I don't know where you are, but over here almost all the employees (more than half over 30) have iPhones. Our combined company has over 20000 employees in this city.
  11. #71  
    This thread is a great read. TY to Mr. Shawnfb!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions