Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    They're both the best phones on their respective networks. The Pre is the best phone if you're on Sprint. The iPhone (or Bold) is the best phone if you're on ATT. Case closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    The problem with the Pre and apple is that Pre didn't look at what made the iPhone so successfull. It was accepted for the iPhone to need future enhancements to be of good functionality but Palm has been around for a very long time. This phone needed to be great for Sprint and Palm. With the amount of customers that Sprint has been loosing I don't think the Pre will be the phone they had hoped it to be. I like the pre so far dont get me wrong but I believe they really got it wrong by not letting more developers have acess to the SDK. At this point Palm and Sprint needed a revolutionary phone so that people quit leaving and begin to come back.
    What made the iPhone successful was its marketing campaign.

I'm kinda glad the Pre isn't as heavily advertised because that means that more people "in the know" will be drawn to the Pre, and not the brainless "there's an app for that" idiots.
    They lost my wife and I as customers I guarantee you we were not the only ones to switch.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    The nearest Sprint Store to me had 120 Pre's in stock (Yes, 120).... they sold out by 3:00pm with a long waiting list for their next shipment (Tuesday or Wednesday)....

Apple kool-aid drinkers won't be tempted, but the rest of us are enjoying the new (albeit ver. 1.0) phone...
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree. I was with you expressing yourself but that's enough, now your just being a pain. You don't like it, you said you are taking it back, you said it sucks, etc., that's enough.
    there.. I am just giving the idiots out there who can't stand a little Palm Pre criticism their well deserved dose of "me".. the majority who responded with rude and unsolicited personal attacks... you know who your are...
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Why not just continue adding your thoughts in the other threads?

You could also return the unit... No one will think badly of you for it.
    i am going to return it.. I don't even use the iphone as my phone.. it sits in the house without a sim card,... I am using the Nokia E71-2..
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    We get it, you don't like the thing. You don't need to make 50 posts to say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree. I was with you expressing yourself but that's enough, now your just being a pain. You don't like it, you said you are taking it back, you said it sucks, etc., that's enough.
    It's not about trolling, more like venting. I have been SOOO eagerly waiting for this phone as I liked Sprint, and didnt want to move to terrible ATT for an iphone. Now after all this hype, the Pre is finally here and it is just huge disapointment -- the software is unpolished with standard stuff missing (no ringtones or custom alerts what?) the hardware is lackluster for many people (battery life, keyboard, slider, heating issues).

Palm had a real winner here with WebOs, I just don't get why they didn't clean it up in the last 6 months??
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    because it's so much fun for him to troll...
    it is fun..
    I especially like the term "troll".. that in and of itself is fun..
    thank god for all of you that my dog isnt feeling well and I am watching him tonight.. otherwise I would be doing something else like watching paint dry
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    It's not about trolling, more like venting. I have been SOOO eagerly waiting for this phone as I liked Sprint, and didnt want to move to terrible ATT for an iphone. Now after all this hype, the Pre is finally here and it is just huge disapointment -- the software is unpolished with standard stuff missing (no ringtones or custom alerts what?) the hardware is lackluster for many people (battery life, keyboard, slider, heating issues).

Palm had a real winner here with WebOs, I just don't get why they didn't clean it up in the last 6 months??

We knew all this stuff was missing 2 weeks or so before it even released. No offense but did you miss the past two weeks or didn't bother to even read any of the negative threads here or everywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    What made the iPhone successful was its marketing campaign.

I'm kinda glad the Pre isn't as heavily advertised because that means that more people "in the know" will be drawn to the Pre, and not the brainless "there's an app for that" idiots.
    I agree about the marketing campaign the problem is that both sprint and palm not only need to begin to retain their customer but acctually attract new customers. I like the pre don't get me wrong and I know it's 1.0 of their new OS but I expected a bit more concidering their situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    there.. I am just giving the idiots out there who can't stand a little Palm Pre criticism their well deserved dose of "me".. the majority who responded with rude and unsolicited personal attacks... you know who your are...
    Dude, It's not your forum, and you don't make the rules. Calling TC members idiots is way out of line.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I don't think Palm really cares anyways they don't need EVERYONE to go nuts on it, after all they only have 1000 employees compared to Apples tens of thousands? Meh, David vs. Goliath, I myself am rooting for the underdog, they usually are less pretentious then the cold hard money collecting machine that is Macintosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    I agree about the marketing campaign the problem is that both sprint and palm not only need to begin to retain their customer but acctually attract new customers. I like the pre don't get me wrong and I know it's 1.0 of their new OS but I expected a bit more concidering their situation.
    I'll agree with you there. I think we all need to wait for the SDK to be released. Then, and only then, will we know the true power of the Pre.
    I don't think Apple has anything to "worry" about... they now have some honest competition, which is a good thing. BUT... I will be quite disappointed, though not surprised, if Apple's response is litigation more than genuine product improvements. I *really* hope Apple does the "honorable thing" and compete in the market rather than the courtroom...

As far as being worried, I wonder if MS is the one who is worried, with HTC close behind... MS has been totally stagnant with WM -- WM6.1 is a smidgen of an improvement over WM5 from FOUR years ago -- ironic, much like PalmOS... And can MS really develop a competitive OS in time. WM 7 is a year away at best... will it really be competitive?

Its obvious that HTC has been worried... between doing its best to pretty up WM and branching out with Android. Indeed it may be Android that ultimately saves HTC, if MS tanks... (WM *is* losing market share)...
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    yawn... really shawn....whats the point of posting this?
    The point is that it is his opinion..just like it is your prerogative to yawn at it.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I am thrilled to get rid of my 3G, hated it from the start. Apps are innovative but the 3G as a communication device, sucks. I like the Pre alot, and I have had a lot of phones.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I wish the hardware were a bit more solid. With all of the talk of wasting cash on extra touchstones and what not, I would have gladly paid 200 more bucks for some metal/more solid casing, slightly more user friendly kb (including a better sliding mechanism+better access to the top row of keys near the middle), and a more impressive speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I wish the hardware were a bit more solid. With all of the talk of wasting cash on extra touchstones and what not, I would have gladly paid 200 more bucks for some metal/more solid casing, slightly more user friendly kb (including a better sliding mechanism+better access to the top row of keys near the middle), and a more impressive speaker.
    Great post! I'm a little sad that the pre hardware is not very good. And I'm mad that it's easier to type on an iPhone than on a pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    I would have loved to have a different opinion.. but I don't think Apple will have anything to worry about with the release of the Pre.. I actually think it will increase iPhones 3.0 sales with people thinking nothing new and innovative is around the corner.. iPhone is just so much better in nearly every category, I can actually type faster on the virtual keypad than this tiny, non-ergo keypad of this Pre.. .. and man does this Pre get hot with use!.. wow..
    Lets be clear, typing quickly is not synonymous with typing accurately. Sure, auto correct is nice when it works, but it's hell when it's changing words that you actually want.

As for the keyboard, have any of you ever used an ipaq hw69xx or hw65xx device? I've never seen a pre in person and I'm curious if the keys are larger or smaller than that. The keys on the HW are extremely small and aren't raised all that much and I have no trouble typing long messages on there (quickly and accurately) which makes me think a lot of you are spoiled or too impatient to wait for your fingers to get used to the device.

And just for kicks, I'll retype my post quickly...

alskjflkasjdfkljasklfja slkjfklasdlfaksljfa kljlkajfkljklajsdkdlfj aklsjfklajsflkasjklf alkjlkajskldjfklajskfljakl sfjlkasjfkl jsflkajaf...

I hammered that **** out quickly and with no auto-correct that's what i got .
    You must be using a different Iphone than the one I tried to convinced myself to buy three times. Typing on the Pre is so much better. The Pre's form is gorgeous, fits the hand very well. The iphone is more brick-like. I could go on and on.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast