Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    For some reason I am not able to set up my MobileMe email via IMAP. I am using the same settings as this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-push-pre.html

I have tried every combination of settings imaginable and I just get an error every time. Anyone mind posting their successful setup please?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Odd, it recognized my MobileMe account immediately, just from the address and password. Same with my other non-MobileMe accounts.

Did you double-check your password and enter the full e-mail address?
    similar problem over here. What's the error?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    It says something about it can't validate settings.
    It worked for me first try with push and everything.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    When I try to set it up automatically with just address and password it hangs for about 10 minutes and then just goes to the manual screen with all the info plugged in.
    Try smtp.me.com port 587
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Thanks but same thing:

"Unable to validate account settings. Please check the settings and try again."

It's okay though. I will be returning the Pre Monday. It doesn't get service and the inability to actually select an entire paragraph of text by holding shift and dragging up with your finger just frustrates me too much. I can't spend another 10 minutes trying to just select some simple editable text. It never gets more than a few words! Back to the Bold and iPhone. Thanks for your help though. I do appreciate it!
    I tried the settings in that thread and it was a no-go for me. Went back in and just accepted the default settings when I put in my @mac.com email and password and all worked okay.
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I gotta give Palm props for the e-mail setup... easiest I have ever used on any device! I have 3 IMAP e-mail accounts on my Dreamhost-hosted company domain and they're usually a pain in the **** to get set up... the first two just worked right away, the third was cranky until I realized it was my fault for entering the wrong password! Didn't have any problems with my MobileMe, Gmail, AOL or Yahoo accounts either. Wish everyone would make it this simple!