Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What phone will you go back to if you don't keep or don't want to buy the Pre and why?
    I think two dixie cups and a length of string would be better
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Blackberry.
    iPhone 3G then upgrade to the new iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by noto220 View Post
    Blackberry.
    Agreed.
    Iphone
    If I don't like the Pre within my 30-day test period I will go back to my iPhone and buy the new iPhone when/if it comes out.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Plenty of good stuff on this Pre, but I'll probably be returning mine and sticking with the iPhone. Can't live with the Pre keyboard and too many small frills that I'm already missing.

On the upside, the camera shutter rocks and I've NEVER set up e-mail on any device this quickly, especially from my often-funky Dreamhost IMAP accounts...
    Palm better work out these bugs and fast or Apple can relax with a small advertising budget. Most of these early adopters were avoiding the iPhone and Palm cannot afford to give them another reason to not avoid.

The MS Exchange issue could cause some really bad press come monday.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I, hopefully will keep the Pre, but if I have to go back, my Curve will wait patiently before I sell it on Ebay. Why, because, everytime I switch from my BB, I end up going back.
    The BlackBerry Curve 8350i makes a nice alternative to anyone who can't deal with WebOS's growing pains.
    Verizon
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    iPhone. The Pre is not a bad device and had potential. But running the 3.0 software feels like Apple is pretty much already "there" and I don't feel like starting from ground zero again.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    probably keeping the pre....multitasking is too big and I'm not one of apples sheep.....lots of baaahing going on.

Not going to blackberry....o/s is severely dated, they just keep releasing new hardware. Not good enough.

The iphone 3.0 hoopla isn't solid until its released....and ATT's network sucks!
    what is the return policy?

anyone know? I dont want to pay 200 to get out of contract.

itd be great to know
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    what is the return policy?

anyone know? I dont want to pay 200 to get out of contract.

itd be great to know
    30 days - you pay for whatever part of the plan you use.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    No going back for me (HTC TP) - I'll just stick it out until something else comes along (TP2 or BB). But I really think this might work out just fine for a while.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    30 days - you pay for whatever part of the plan you use.
    Thanks is this the same even for new contracts?

I take it they wont return the 36 dollar activation.

Also another question I had was that the mail in rebate form says i have to send it postmarked no longer than 6-20-09. thats only 14 days.

If I send out the MIR, will I get my full money I paid at the Sprint store?
  18. DDD
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    iPhone 3G then upgrade to the new iPhone.
    +1
    Also Known as 3_D
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Well all this week, every day I stopped by the Sprint store to play with the Treo Pro and I kinda like it. It's got a pseudo multi app ability and one thing I'm missin big time right now is voice dial

I have faith a hope that the developers are going to launch some great stuff, hopefully soon, sooner than my 29 days I'll be trying out my pre.

And I don't mind the Instinct as well... but I do need more of a PIM.
    I'm sticking with the Pre. MS Exchange not working is a big downer, but I have a feeling webOS is going to be getting better quickly and frequently. Palm will respond to make this as bug-free as possible.

This device is going to live up to the expectations in regards to software. If you don't like the hardware, that's another issue. I'd give it a little time to see if you get used to it, though. We're only 12 hours into this thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast