Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please let me know if the following issues are w/ me or the Pre's lack of:

* Doesn't FWD basic txt messages
    * Doesn't have a page where one can see txt mess. inbox/sent/draft/etc..
    * Can't change ringtone for txt messages
    * No "Delete All" / "Delete only Outgoing"/ etc...

My 2004 Krazer cell phone has all this... It MUST be me right? Searched and cannot find answers to the above.

Thanks in advance,

Ed-
    The Pre is lacking those features
    text messages are in Messaging > Conversations..

no sure how they are deleted ..they are seved with IM conversationa as well....

maybe over time they go away
    Quote Originally Posted by ddori001 View Post
    text messages are in Messaging > Conversations..

You can delete each one by sliding them to either side.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Delete by choosing them and pushing them off to the right.
    Have to stop thinking of IM's all in one spot, it's all about individual contacts and the conversations you have with them. Choose a contact you had a text message with and click SMS and you'll see all your texts to that contact.
    my main problem with this is that you can't have the messages in multiple cards. every conversation is stuffed away inside the messaging. seriously inconvenient if you have multiple sms/im conversations going at once
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I cant believe they don't add simple things such as forwarding text options to this phone.
    Seems like a real step backwards.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    But like you think in 1.0 as a base you would include the basic things someone uses on a phone that a 2001 phone has come on.
  10.    #10  
    Just noticed sending pics with texting does not work.. You can send them... but the receiver cannot see them. Also can't download any pics from web email... Boy I really hope things change soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by ddori001 View Post

Slide the "panel" that shows a conversation to the left. It will show a DELETE and CANCEL button
    And:

-no quick-text
    -no smileys
    -no timestamp on each message sent and received (just a vague timestamp at the beginning of an exchange)
    is there a way to highlight text in an SMS convo to copy/paste? Can't figure it out
    Quote Originally Posted by say oh shin View Post
    is there a way to highlight text in an SMS convo to copy/paste? Can't figure it out
    You can only highlight text in a text box where you insert text. So no, you can't copy/paste text from the convo.
    I agree with the OP's issues and I do hope Palm is working on an OTA fix for this and other issues.

I asked this on an earlier thread: does Palm have a bug report page?
    i agree...i really really like the phone, but it's missing alot of features that my centro had that i do miss. what are the chances that an OTA update will add emoticons, categories, etc to the pre? everyone seems pretty confident, but are we just being too hopeful?
    At this point, hope is all we got.

It really is a nice phone, though it does feel a bit rushed in some areas.

I guess we did (some of us at least) want it like yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by gab6565 View Post
    You can only highlight text in a text box where you insert text. So no, you can't copy/paste text from the convo.
    its such a basic feature i can't begin to comprehend why they didn't include it
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    And:

-no quick-text
    -no smileys
    -no timestamp on each message sent and received (just a vague timestamp at the beginning of an exchange)

There are emoticons/ smileys. You have to hit "sym" and scroll to the bottom. There's only three though. There's a smile, frown, and a wink.
    No Fwd, no timestamp, no spell check. They had to have been conscious while making these decisions. But WHY did they?

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit9 View Post
    Just noticed sending pics with texting does not work.. You can send them... but the receiver cannot see them.
    That wasn't true for me. I just sent my friend, who is on Verizon, a pic of the default background on the Pre. He got it.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkharlequin View Post
    my main problem with this is that you can't have the messages in multiple cards. every conversation is stuffed away inside the messaging. seriously inconvenient if you have multiple sms/im conversations going at once
    I so agree! I power text several of my friends and have found it to be very inconvenient to have multiple conversations going and having to close out and re-open messaging every time. My Instinct handled messaging better.

Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    There are emoticons/ smileys. You have to hit "sym" and scroll to the bottom. There's only three though. There's a smile, frown, and a wink.
    Those are not emoticons. This is an emoticon:
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 06/07/2009 at 12:22 PM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast