Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    My only problem with the Messaging app is that conversations don't open up in different cards per person.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    My only problem with the Messaging app is that conversations don't open up in different cards per person.
    AMEN! I can't wait till they fix this!!!!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkharlequin View Post
    my main problem with this is that you can't have the messages in multiple cards. every conversation is stuffed away inside the messaging. seriously inconvenient if you have multiple sms/im conversations going at once
    It is possible with a rooted Pre and a hack: link

It is definitely inconvenient and there's likely a reason why Palm left it out, despite the ability to include it.
    are we sure they are working on adjusting the texting portion to make these adjustments? i.e. timestamps, text forwarding, changing sound tones, etc.
    The iPhone didn't have any of those in it's 1.0 days. Infact, the iPhone is just now getting forward messaging!!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The iPhone didn't have any of those in it's 1.0 days. Infact, the iPhone is just now getting forward messaging!!!!
    Again I'm not a fan of 'leaving out features' so that they can add them
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Emoticons are now available in webOS 1.1 -- check the details on the Palm support pages.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    The Pre is lacking those features
    Those features and a hell of a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esprit9 View Post
    Just noticed sending pics with texting does not work.. You can send them... but the receiver cannot see them. Also can't download any pics from web email... Boy I really hope things change soon...
    It works, it just takes FOREVER for someone to receive them. Every pic my kids send me, takes about 8+ hours.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    It works, it just takes FOREVER for someone to receive them. Every pic my kids send me, takes about 8+ hours.
    That sucks, my pictures work perfectly.
    Same here, all MMS sent from me appear to hit the recipient no later than I'd expect, maybe a minute or less judging by the replies I get. This is my first Sprint phone that I've actually been able to send and receive MMS from, I'm still not quite used to it
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookedart View Post
    +2
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I can download pics from my email just fine. And as far as sending pics to others, some people's phones can't handle the Pre's pics.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkharlequin View Post
    my main problem with this is that you can't have the messages in multiple cards. every conversation is stuffed away inside the messaging. seriously inconvenient if you have multiple sms/im conversations going at once
    not for me its not an inconvenience
    Quote Originally Posted by say oh shin View Post
    is there a way to highlight text in an SMS convo to copy/paste? Can't figure it out
    cant do that yet
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    i agree...i really really like the phone, but it's missing alot of features that my centro had that i do miss. what are the chances that an OTA update will add emoticons, categories, etc to the pre? everyone seems pretty confident, but are we just being too hopeful?
    just gotta w8
    Anyone noticed that when you get a text message after your phone has been off...it shows you when the message was sent? Don't know if its a 1.1 thing or not but its nice!
    I think i may be the only person on this forum who has never used text forwarding.

::shurgs::
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I think i may be the only person on this forum who has never used text forwarding.

::shurgs::
    i barely use it so i dont give a ****...till they have copy and paste everywhere then i will really not give a ****
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    Disagreed.

I was taking pictures of items for a wedding and it worked well for those that were allowed to receive pictures.

I went to the mall to take pictures of shoes and sent them to friends at the church. They were quick to see it and respond.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast