Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 180to650 View Post
    I too have time stamps out of the box, haven't upgraded firmware yet, and the times are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    no, this happens as I am receiving them, from the person sitting next to me in the same time zone...
    hmm... well that described what happened in my situation anyway.
    I would try changing the timezone and see if it effects anything in the messaging app. If the 2 times are still off, it'd have to be a bigger bug than just the timezone.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    And most of the complainers, like yourself, sound like people that really have no understanding of what it means to be an early adopter of a 1.0 version of a brand new OPERATING SYSTEM.

This was herald as a business phone for the young professionals. I dont know may professional that will beta test a new operation system.

I dont know may people that would PAY to beta test a system. Why would you have a phone you cant use, or only use light to moderately? What is the point of having a phone then?

With alot of the things that you have to do to ADAPT to the phone, seems to make like a bit more complicated.
    Hmmm, the text time-stamping is kinda nice (did the G.F.s text of 5min ago, in which case I ought to get right back to her? -- or was it one from 1130pm the previous night? -- in which case I've already talked to her, and it's no longer relevant, or at least not time critical. Ditto for customers. Very useful to know when they contacted me, especially for the mobile aspects of my biz. If mobility and uptodate info weren't important, I'd just have my old landline anyway.

Not saying it's a dealbreaker for me (def not) but just responding to those who see no use for it. We don't all use our PIMs the same.

Forwarding is another non-deal-breaker that I'll nevertheless miss. Use it for forwarding links and addresses and some tech info between team members a lot. Very useful. Especially on the new OS where less fields can be copied to/from.

Still, if I can get a coupleother dealbreakers handled, I'll adapt. All part of the game.
    Most new tools are 3 steps forward and 2 back, and we just deal with it, as long as one of those steps back isn't, for a given user, a step of a precipice.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    This was herald as a business phone for the young professionals. I dont know may professional that will beta test a new operation system.

I dont know may people that would PAY to beta test a system. Why would you have a phone you cant use, or only use light to moderately? What is the point of having a phone then?

With alot of the things that you have to do to ADAPT to the phone, seems to make like a bit more complicated.
    Ask all the people who bought the first iPhone, or the first Android, or the first Blackberry Storm. All of these had bugs and issues that were at least on par to even worse.
    From my memory I would put the complaining like this in least to most:
    Android, Pre, iPhone, Storm

I'm sorry...it just happens. You're switching to a brand new OS on brand new hardware. Most of these will be updated (you can't find all problems with a beta group of 100's of people...these can only be found when you're in the thousands). Some of the issues require learning to work within the new system (most of the complaints). Some are hardware bugs that will need to be replaced with newer ones.

Again, if you've been around for any of these smartphone launches you would know that you are an active participant in making these phones better!
    OMG! I was so busy trying to sort my email by name, I didn't even notice that feature was missing.
    i miss being able to forward text.. that sux..
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    i miss being able to forward text.. that sux..
    Funny, i was using it all day today forward texts so I hope Pre adds this soon.
    You wouldnt happen to be roaming on alltel, would you? On all my previous phones, the timestamp on incoming SMS was usually 1 hour back.
    POMOKEY:

Are you using an AirRave from Sprint? I use one at home and my text messages are always timestamped exactly an hour off like yours are. I talked to tech support and they said it is a known issue and they are working on resolving it...whatever that means. But my messages are only timestamped an hour off when they come through the AirRave. If I am not at home, they are timestamped correctly.
    I hate that the text sound and instant messenger sounds are linked... turn them all on or off but not one and not the other. I mean... when I get a text, I want it to sound, but I don't want my phone to beep after every instant message. HMPH!
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by retsamhgiht View Post
    FYI, "forward" is a hack for "resend", which I had to do on a very long text this morning.

I use "forward" all the time when someone sends me an address and I need to send it to somebody else. Entering it manually is annoying.
    Does this mean you can "resend" a txt from the Pre? I'm not sure if I understand your post. You had to do what? Use the "resend" feature? Or you needed to fwd, but couldn't?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    Does this mean you can "resend" a txt from the Pre? I'm not sure if I understand your post. You had to do what? Use the "resend" feature? Or you needed to fwd, but couldn't?
    I needed to both resend a text, and forward another one. I couldn't do either.

As for the timestamp issue, that's apparently been hacked; the functionality exists in the webOS rom that's floating around the web and needs to be enabled via SSH / root hackery.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I hate FWD texts anyway...
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbj8448 View Post
    POMOKEY:

Are you using an AirRave from Sprint? I use one at home and my text messages are always timestamped exactly an hour off like yours are. I talked to tech support and they said it is a known issue and they are working on resolving it...whatever that means. But my messages are only timestamped an hour off when they come through the AirRave. If I am not at home, they are timestamped correctly.
    no, no airave. I posted my problem on the official palm support forums, and they said they acknowledge the issue, and are working on it;

timestamp for received messages (sms) is wrong. anyone else having this issue? - webOS Software - Palm Support Forums

the last post is from palm.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    i hate not being able to change the message tone!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Anyone know if you can at least turn the volume up on the messaging tone?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I think you can under the Ringers section. Mine seems louder since the upgrade. ???
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I hope all these issues are fixed quickly. They seem rather basic but I am no programmer so what do I know?
    My opinion is that A) i cant remember the last pertinent txt message that was forwarded to me unless you enjoy the forward this crap to 50 people or your going to die crap. B) No one forced you to go run out and buy a brand new phone with a brand new OS. Of course it doesn't work as good as other phones from 01 because they werent new. They were pretty images slapped on an old platform. First light bulb worked like crap now they are everywhere and have advanced to LED's......Sorry to be so sadistic but seriously. Palm has worked their a**es off to get a new perspective and deliver a completely different phone experience and considering how bad it could have been they have done a pretty damn good job between them and sprint to handle all the problems. ( 10 Minutes today to get a new replacement in store) And to further make your phone experience excellent they made it open source... (unlike apple) people have already hacked the root with out SDK and have made it reasonably easy to convert linux programs to run and run on webos as well as a link I saw today on this board that works pretty good at solving the ring tone problems. Consider the future with SDK available...
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast