Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    You also can't add a signature. They really dropped the ball on the texting application.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg37 View Post
    You guys do realize that your cartoon :-) is just made from a : a - and a ) right? And just because you see them in "cartoon" mode, doesnt mean the person sending them does.
    I know that, but I like seeing them. They are fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    No need really. The Pre will break up the message into multiple SMS texts, and then the receiving phone (if it's relatively new) will automatically concatenate the multiple messages.
    While a character counter would be a nice option to turn on/off in preferences, you can see if your message will be sent in multiple parts by paying attention to the 'Send' balloon icon to the right of your message.

It will display a number when your message is too big to send in one 'standard' SMS message.
    I can't believe the Pre doesn't make me ham sandwiches and clean my bathtub. Palm really dropped the ball.
    I'm fine with no forward....have NEVER forwaded a text message in my life.

'
    EDIT: Btw, if anyone is that unhappy with their Pre i'll take it off their hands.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    I know that, but I like seeing them. They are fun.
    hahaha.

My gf would say the same thing (no offense to you) she just loves little things like that.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Not having my text ringtones is a downer. I can barely hear the current one when it's in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by retsamhgiht View Post
    But wait, there's more.

If you have texts from contact A, and texts from contact B, and then accidentally "link this profile" in the contacts list, the two get merged into one contact thread. And that's fine.

Now if you realize that Jennifer A and Jennifer B are two different people and think "damn, let me unlink them", the contact history remains merged.
    sounds like an id10t error there....just kidding....I wouldn't expect any device to unmerge something like that.
    Issues

No time stamps (should be an option)

No FWD

No texting ringtone!

Hope to see these addressed at some point.
    what is the most number of recipients you can send a single message to?
    does this have folders like sent inbox saved drafts? where lets say i can take the one message going to like 100 people if possible even and save it to use later?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    just read the dang guide before you start whining about what you believe to be missing features.....reading is fundamental....stop whining and explore the phone. This is a step forward in smartphone technology. If you wanted something familiar you should have gotten an iPhone.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecharm View Post
    You also can't add a signature. They really dropped the ball on the texting application.
    Why would anyone want to take up already limited character space with a signature on a text? I have never seen anyone use a signature in a text. If you want a signature, send an email instead.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what everyone is going on about timestamps.. I have timestamps (for messages received) but.. they are an hour off:

can someone else please confirm if they have the same issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
    Why would anyone want to take up already limited character space with a signature on a text? I have never seen anyone use a signature in a text. If you want a signature, send an email instead.
    My nephew uses a signature on his text's and after seeing that added my name as the signature to mine. I'd never though to do that prior, but...
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecharm View Post
    You can rest assured that most everyone hates whatever signature you currently have.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Why would you need to add your name as a signature? They already know who the text is coming from through caller ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    I'm not sure what everyone is going on about timestamps.. I have timestamps (for messages received) but.. they are an hour off:

can someone else please confirm if they have the same issue?
    Weird! I don't have those time/datestamps on my Pre?!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    it is annoying... maybe the updates will fix it
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Weird! I don't have those time/datestamps on my Pre?!
    haha, well now... you have no timestamps.. but I have timestamps, that are the wrong time. lol. you can't win I guess...
    will probably get in a new update
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast