1.    #1  
    I updated Palm Desktop as required. They asked where my information was stored...I clicked on Palm Desktop of course. It then said though Palm Desktop exists on this PC it does not contain any information. It said that several times. So I rebooted. Now the link in my email is no good. I cant get to the DTA program anymore. Where is it? Any idea what to do here?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Knee Dragger; 06/06/2009 at 09:34 PM.
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    I updated Palm Desktop as required. They asked where my information was stored...I clicked on Palm Desktop of course. It then said though Palm Desktop exists on this PC it does not contain any information. It said that several times. So I rebooted. Now the link in my email is no good. I cant get to the DTA program anymore. Where is it? Any idea what to do here?

Palm.com : Move your info onto your phone with the Data Transfer Assistant

here you go
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Hi,
    The Desktop Transfer Assistant (DTA) does work, but it takes a surprisingly long time. I think what happens is after you disconnect the USB cable and tell the phone where to put the data, it grinds away on your data in the background but you get no indication of this. During that time your calendar and contacts will appear to be empty, but the phone is working on your data. It could seriously take like 15 to 30 minutes or more (I guess it depends on how much data you have) for your items to appear in your calendar and contacts.

Dear friends, do not, I repeat, do not make the mistake I made. Do not run Desktop Transfer Assistant a second time because after the long wait, you will end up with duplicate calendar entries (*sigh*). Just be patient and keep checking. Now, if it goes like 12 hours with no results, then you probably have a problem.
    I think it may be waiting for the over-the-air sync. Once I did that, all my calendar entrees appeared.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post

Sorry, I didn't read your initial post. I just vented.

I had that same problem with it saying there was no information after upgrading Palm Desktop to 6.2. It only happened once then seemed to be fixed after I opened Palm Desktop and switched to the profile I wanted and visually confirmed the information was there. You probably did that, so maybe this isn't helpful to you. Sorry.
    I ended up uploading my stuff to Google CAlendar / Contacts and using synergy to pull it down. The DTA program didn't work for me at all.