Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

Whoa Leo!!!! Its almost hard to believe.
  2. DDD
    WOW. I have never seen Leo this mad ever!!! That guy was such a JERK.

Go Leo
    Also Known as 3_D
  3.    #3  
    F-Bombs and everything.... coming from Leo!!! Hard to believe!!!
    Yeah, I saw that earlier, but the guy deserved it. He was questioning his integrity because he didn't pay for a review unit that he was allowed to have for a week? Absolutely ridiculous.
    I don't blame Leo for getting pissed.
    I've noticed a lot of negativity from Tech Crunch/Crunch Gear regarding the Pre.
    That was fantastic.
    I'm not a huge fan of Leo but I think I will start listening to his precast. Good for him. Arrington has always come across as an arrogant jerk every time I've heard him.
    Sounds like Leo got called out and he didn't like it.
    that was sweet i have never seen leo that mad
    The guy straight up called him out in front of Leo's listeners.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The guy straight up called him out in front of Leo's listeners.
    Ha ha! You mean in front of Leo's future former listeners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Ha ha! You mean in front of Leo's future former listeners.
    What? If anything, Mike comes out looking like a jerk. This will only make people like Leo even more.
    Sounds more like Mike Arroganton, amirite? :P
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Leo did overreact, but Mike was the one who came off as a jerk. Blatantly questioning a veteran journalist's integrity is something you don't do without a whole lot of evidence to back it up. Leo had every right to be furious with that dork, but it's too bad he flew off the handle.
    the trolliest?.. hahaha very funny
    I think the term "Troll" is hilarious.. like if anyone has an alternative opinion, or rocks the boat whatsoever.. that person is a "troll"..
    it's ridiculous
    Hilarious, but absolutely out of line for someone that "professional".
    Actually, I don't think Laporte overreacted at all. Since when do reviewers have their opinions questioned because they receive review units? I'm not Laporte's biggest fan (not particularly fond of his politics) but I would never question his journalistic integrity. And indeed, I think he takes it quite seriously, and so I can fully understand his reaction.

He could have made a stronger point without the profanity, but still.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  19.    #19  
    Will there be any fallout for Leo over this? While he might be "in the right" about having is journalistic integrity questioned... especially during a show ... I think he might be a little embarrased by his reaction.
    I love Leo again! .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast