Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if you can use the camera flash as a flashlight? I had an old Sanyo phone that did it and I used this feature all the time!!
    i am looking fwd to this app as well. love to use it when walking around the house at night to get water (i have stairs and kids and toys usually left on the stairs)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    i am looking fwd to this app as well. love to use it when walking around the house at night to get water (i have stairs and kids and toys usually left on the stairs)
    Is there any reason why you just couldn't use a flashlight in this case?

If I'm going to cut a piece of pie, I don't use a shoe.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reeper55 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can use the camera flash as a flashlight? I had an old Sanyo phone that did it and I used this feature all the time!!
    I think I had that same phone (5600, right?). Can't use the Pre flash as a flashlight though...would have been neat.
    I usually just use the unearthly glow of the phone's screen as a flashlight
    Mee too
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    I usually just use the unearthly glow of the phone's screen as a flashlight
    Same here.

BTW, it seems the Pre's flash is pretty bright, and it is just a flash, not some pseudo phone flashes that stays one.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    because you dont ALWAYS have a flashlight with you, but I always have my phone with me!
    Buy a few of these and place them strategically around the house!

3" Extremely-Bright Led Flashlight With Carrying Case
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I loved using hTorch on my HTC Touch Pro. It was a quick and simple flashlight, and was always with me everywhere I went.

I submitted an application to become a tester of the Mojo SDK to create a similar utility on the Pre, so now it's just a waiting game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Is there any reason why you just couldn't use a flashlight in this case?

If I'm going to cut a piece of pie, I don't use a shoe.
    You have obviously never had a phone with flashlight feature. Had it on my helio ocean and used it alllll the time. Its not a replacement for a flash light but when you need a light you have one. And the flash is much better than using the screen, it works a lot better.
    I remember using the 'movie light' on my Toshiba VM-4050 as a flashlight from time to time. But it's been about five years since I had that phone and haven't had a phone with one since. Not sure if I'd use it on my Pre that much...gotta try to preserve my battery life!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    You have obviously never had a phone with flashlight feature.
    No, but if I'm walking around the house in the middle of the night, it's easier for me to just grab my Surefire flashlight that I keep next to the bed, right beside my Glock.
    No, but if I'm walking around the house in the middle of the night, it's easier for me to just grab my Surefire flashlight that I keep next to the bed, right beside my Glock.
    Oh, you crazy Texans!!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I dont keep a flashlight in random parking lots if I drop something, or other places tho. I try to keep one every single place I'll ever possibly be when its dark, but it hasnt worked out well. They keep getting stolen!

But seriously, I had a phone that had the flash as a flashlight app, and I used it ALL the time. Much more than I ever thought I would. Every phone I've ever had I've hoped this app to be on it, and been dissapointed everytime.
    Do you guys remember those old dumbphones with a flashlight that you held down a button to turn on? I never had one, but my cousin did. I think it was a Kyocera or something.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    That is what I had. It was a Kyocera, and it was so cool. Thank you for reminding me. It worked really well and I used it a LOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by welance View Post
    That is what I had. It was a Kyocera, and it was so cool. Thank you for reminding me. It worked really well and I used it a LOT.
    My cousin used it often, too. I remember him telling me how he would use it to signal the bus driver that he was at the bus stop in his neighborhood. Apparently, the stop was particularly dark at night, and sometimes bus drivers would pass him up. He used the flashlight to blink a signal for them to know he was there. He said it came in really handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by welance View Post
    I dont keep a flashlight in random parking lots if I drop something,
    What if you drop your phone?

I didn't say a flashlight feature wouldn't be useful, I was referring to a specific situation about walking around your house in the dark. I would think that most people would keep a flashlight handy for power outages, etc.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I will be waiting for your app Jackalo!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast