Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mine 5N9 I assume that is May 23 2009
    5N9= may 23 09

I have light leakage, bad battery, and bad heat problems.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ppar View Post
    5N9= may 23 09

I have light leakage, bad battery, and bad heat problems.
    I have 5N9 here too - May 23, 2009. And I also notice the discoloration/light seepage from the bottom left corner and another bright spot at the top right. And this thing does get pretty hot! Maybe we got the bad batch here.
    really? light leakage? I've had a few past touchscreen phones that had mild light leakage. Are your phones that noticeable or is it more nit-picking?
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    lol... yeah, I'm a 5W9 too... the 32 of May???
    There are two things that make it worse in this case:

1) The light splotches aren't evenly distributed around the edge like they usually are with leakage, but instead areas where it is very noticeable and just looks bad.

2) The issue seems to be stemming mostly from the heat issue, which in itself could be a serious problem if not addressed.
    Mine was made May 31st with very mild light leakage. Not enough for me to complain.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    really? light leakage? I've had a few past touchscreen phones that had mild light leakage. Are your phones that noticeable or is it more nit-picking?
    I would love to keep the Pre I got, because it hasn't had any other hiccups. And I'm not a picky person about little things. HOWEVER - the light leakage on the bottom has gotten worse since my last post. It seems the more I use the phone, the more defined it is getting. Especially in Pandora and some of the other apps with a darker background. It is splotchy and is in irregular spots all along the bottom edge of the phone. And the perfectly round bright spot that I barely noticed in the upper right corner is now much more prominent. I will try to take a photo or two and post - but I am just too tired now.

I am going to turn the device off and go to Sprint in the morning. Hopefully they will have a replacement in stock. If it's not a danger, I can live with it for at least a week, or until they get a brand new shipment in. Honestly, though - a nuisance, but pretty much everything else on the Pre makes up for it!

Ah well - such is life.
    Last edited by kmod; 06/06/2009 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    when I buy a 500 product, I expect it not to have defects right out the box. And yes, it is very noticeable.
    I bought from a franchise location with a build date of May 17, 2009. I am experiencing no light splotches, nor any screen bleed. Unit does get warm to the touch, however, when Wi-Fi is turned on. Didn't think this meant there was something wrong with my unit, but this is my first smart phone. I've had my phone on for about 11 hours, reset it about 3 times, and have had no more than 5 apps open at once. Having a lot of apps open makes me nervous.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    519 - 05/01/09. Strange that mine had firmware 1.02 preloaded on it for such an early build date. Mine has touch screen issues with missing taps/swipes and every now and then randomly starts tapping on it's own all over the screen.
    5U9- which I think means 5/30/09

Mine seems to be all right. Although, I'm not sure if I am as sensitive to the "light leak" issue as some people seem to be. Either I don't have much of a leak, or it doesn't bother me. The next person who posts a photo of their supposed "light leakage" should be specific as to what is bothering them so that we can compare our devices.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 06/07/2009 at 05:57 AM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    5T9 - 5/29/09. No dead pixel(s), no distortions or color bleeds & no crashes. Mine looks great and works great.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    When you dial ##786# you get into a "Reverse Logistics Support" screen with info about your phone. There's one called "warrantydatecode". Mine says 5/31/2009. Could this be when my phone was made?

What does yours all say?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by axthereo View Post
    Mine is 5t9 May 29th, 2009, and it has about 5 or so dead pixels, 2 very noticeable on the edges and 3 around the middle that are not as discolored.
    5T9 here as well. no dead pixels, just really loose construction. the top (screen) half is separated from the bottom half, and you can 'squish' the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    When you dial ##786# you get into a "Reverse Logistics Support" screen with info about your phone. There's one called "warrantydatecode". Mine says 5/31/2009. Could this be when my phone was made?

What does yours all say?
    Mine is 5/26/09
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Mine is 5b9 may 11th. I haven't had any issues so far
    Mine appears to be 629 = June 2. Rep told me that it was the first phone from the shipment that the stored received on Saturday. No issues for me.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    5U9- which I think means 5/30/09

Mine seems to be all right. Although, I'm not sure if I am as sensitive to the "light leak" issue as some people seem to be. Either I don't have much of a leak, or it doesn't bother me. The next person who posts a photo of their supposed "light leakage" should be specific as to what is bothering them so that we can compare our devices.
    mine is 5U9 also and it has had no probs..perfect so far
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    5W9 (May 31...overtime??) and my warranty date code says 5/28/2009.

I've got heat issues when using the device for more than 15 minutes and my battery life is absolutely atrocious. Everything else is fine.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast