Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hmm, I now can add events under Google calendars -do you notice how when moving from day to day, the following day is briefly greyed out?
    I'm finding it to be more like 2 minutes to load the next day, sometimes even 5! I did the migrate and probably have 5 or so years of calendar...not sure if that's it.

This is unusable in its current state. Do I need to migrate everything to Google first?

Also, does the calendar really pull from network? What if I want to see my appointments on July 15th, and say, I'm on a plane. No network. Am I out of luck?
    From what I understand, calendar data is cached in a file on the Pre so you don't need an active internet connection to view or edit your appointments. You can always turn your Pre in "Airplane Mode" and see if you can view your calendar events as a check.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Airplane mode, no events today, pulling up calendar takes at least 2 minutes. Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGibbons View Post
    Airplane mode, no events today, pulling up calendar takes at least 2 minutes. Yikes.
    So, when your Pre is in Airplane mode you can't view any of your calendar events? That really sucks! So you have to be connected to the Internet wirelessly to see and work with your calendar? Yikes it is!!
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    ok, so i traced issue back to the fact that I had a TON of MULTIPLE copies of repeating appointments that were in the background (invisible) in Palm Desktop. They got migrated over and that made the mess. Calendar is working much better now. USABLE again. And it works with no network.
    If you turn the radio off, is the calendar still slow?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    As a data point, I've got maybe 3 or 4 years of data on my calendar and it's not slow at all. I wouldn't call it lightning fast by any means, but I also wouldn't say it's slow.
    The App seems sluggish compared to many other features of the Pre... and yes slower than the Treo's but the calendar UI is defiantly an upgrade for me.
    nope, works fine with or without radio.

Slower than treo, but prettier for sure. Needs a bit more functionality, but I"m sure that will come in upgrades. SInce I'm not doing meeting planning with it, its perfectly fine for now.
    Calender populates so slowly it is useless. My clients and prospects do not have time for me to wait two minutes a single day to show up on my calendar. Any suggestions?
    Same problem. Calendar is rediculously slow. Used the data transfer app to send palm desktop data to pre, palm backup and created a google calendar.

All of the calendar data seems to have come from the google sync.

Sprint tech support guessed that I loaded too much past data (6yrs from treo600 & 700). They suggested I delete previous data I don't need anymore and see if that works. I don't see any appointments on the google website "google calendar" but all of the appointments that were on my palm desktop did migrate to the pre and show up when the google calendar is selected on the pre.

Anyhow, the calendar app runs much faster (normal speed?) when I go back to the earliest dates with data (2003 for me) and manually delete the appointments in the calendar.

So it would seem that the amount of previous data in the calendar app has something to do with it running slowly. I have manually deleted 2 years worth of data now. (I now only have appointments back to 2005) but when attempting to view and modify the calendar for this current week its still running as slowly as before (up to a minute to propogate data or process changes).

Since the earliest dates with data run quickly (still slower than the treos did) when I am deleting the info from those dates, I am slightly confident that removing that data will "fix" the problem for now.

Does anyone have 4 or more years of old data in their calendar and have it work as it should?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    the calendar is terribly slow.

if classic would hotsync, I would consider using the calendar with that. it's amazingly fast.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I'm going to take back my previous post about the calendar not seeming slow. Now that I've used it for a few days, I agree - it is slow. I've only got data synced from 1/1/2009 and greater (using google), so I don't have years and years of data. It's nowhere near as slow as some of you are describing, but it is sluggish when switching days or switching views (day, week, month)
    Not sure if this is related to the sluggish performance issue or not.

I just discovered any calendar events created in the Pre with a symbol in the Title OR the Detail will cause the event to NOT sync with Google Calendar.

(Note: yes, submitted to the Bug Report as #48 update)
    I see pandas.
    Yes, it is absurd. Useless. Palm must provide a solution soon or I'm gonn return the phone and switch to AT&T and the new iphone.
    Agreed! Calendar is nightmarish slow! And what used to take one or 2 steps on my Treos now takes four or five steps on the Pre. Not very workable but I do expect Palm to address this and make amends soon! They have no choice.
    My only problem is weekdays go by to slow, and the weekends go by to fast.
    As Peter Gibbons suggested earlier, if you have a lot of duplicate entries (one of the entries being from a Palm profile), Calendar is really slow -though it was never 2, 3 minutes to open, though almost 20 seconds to open_ with another 5 secs from day to day was unnacceptable.

Now that I've removed all duplicates (and have Google as default), the app loads in 7 seconds flat (as opposed to instant on the 755p) and day to day in 1 second.

My biggest problems now:

- like the PalmOS, have it so that empty timeslots at the beginning and end of the day stay hidden. I do like the compress effect on empty slots in the middle of your day.

- show the time of the event. I hate my 9:15am meetings showing a quarter into the hour -show me the actual time on the calendar!

- Categories. 'nufff said.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    My Treo could switch days as fast as you could click.
    Well remember, people are saying that this is NOT the treo, and will NOT act like a treo. Trying or wishing it will be a Treo is futile, its the Pre, and this is how the Pre is.

You will get use to it ::smile::
    As Peter Gibbons suggested earlier, if you have a lot of duplicate entries (one of the entries being from a Palm profile), Calendar is really slow -though it was never 2, 3 minutes to open, though almost 20 seconds to open_ with another 5 secs from day to day was unnacceptable.

Now that I've removed all duplicates (and have Google as default), the app loads in 7 seconds flat (as opposed to instant on the 755p) and day to day in 1 second.

My biggest problems now:

- like the PalmOS, have it so that empty timeslots at the beginning and end of the day stay hidden ("Compress day view" option under PalmOS), though I do like the compress effect on empty slots in the middle of your day.

- show the time of the event. I hate my 9:15am meetings showing a quarter into the hour -show me the actual time on the calendar.

- bring back "Agenda" view.

- bring back the search! C'mon, it's not really Universal Search, is it?

- Categories. 'nufff said.
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 06/14/2009 at 12:36 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast