Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Did any of you guys notice the stock earbuds are magnetic? I thought the silver looked cool, and I noticed they're actually magnets that keep them together so you don't have a tangly mess. Cool idea!

Also, I really like the sound of them (for a stock earbud), they're much better than the ones that come with the ipod, and much more comfortable for my ears. What's your guys' opinion?
    they are cool, i gave them a test run
  3. joelpalm
    Um, usually any type of full range speaker is made of a magnet. Just a little FYI.
    Wow you really p'd on that parade.
    do they stay in your ears well? the engadget review said they didn't
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Stays in my ears just fine. iPhone buds didn't. Just depends on how your head/ears are made, different for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    Um, usually any type of full range speaker is made of a magnet. Just a little FYI.
    Yeah..but if the earbuds don't contain a metal conductor like the ones that come with the Pre, they won't "stick" together. Anyway..the magnetic pull isn't exactly strong..but the addition of the microphone and call answer button is a nice touch.
    Which is right and which is left?
    Pretty slick, I thought it was to be the outside of the headphones. I've actually had some conversations with the headphones on (got caught with a call while listening to music). First time I've ever used the included headset from phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Which is right and which is left?
    They have a really small L & R on the side. I believe the silver circle faces forward (away from you head/ear.)
    I've been impressed more by the attention to detail of the accessories than the phone. These headphones are decent in a world of devices that come with throw-away headphones. The lanyard pull keeps them together as do the magnets. The minimalist, but function button and mic. And, they stay in my ears during a workout, bike ride or even a light game of tennis. (Tennis to Pandora is great). That and the touchstone are quite nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    I've been impressed more by the attention to detail of the accessories than the phone. These headphones are decent in a world of devices that come with throw-away headphones. The lanyard pull keeps them together as do the magnets. The minimalist, but function button and mic. And, they stay in my ears during a workout, bike ride or even a light game of tennis. (Tennis to Pandora is great). That and the touchstone are quite nice.
    I agree. It's almost like they assigned seperate teams to develop the accessories. Might have even been a little competition between engineers with an ego.
    i agree the headsets are pretty good but a little too big for me i got me some in ear canal ones
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    While walking to work listening to music (Pandora) I happened to get a call. Kudos to Palm for providing a very good mic on those included ear bubs. Its very sensitive and the person who I was speaking to head me loud and clear even with the ambient noise of school kids and traffic. I'm used to the muffled mic on my stock HTC Mogul Ear buds. Not a fan of Bluetooth ear pieces.

Protip: Pressing the button on the ear buds pauses music while a double click skips to the next track. Haven't tried it in Pandora though.
    The earbuds are OK. Coming from the Bold, the playback of the music and the headphones aren't great.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Did any of you guys notice the stock earbuds are magnetic? I thought the silver looked cool, and I noticed they're actually magnets that keep them together so you don't have a tangly mess. Cool idea!

Also, I really like the sound of them (for a stock earbud), they're much better than the ones that come with the ipod, and much more comfortable for my ears. What's your guys' opinion?
    I knew about this but had forgotten. Thanks for the reminder.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    i really like the headphones and they are great for making calls, the speaker is nice and calls are very clear, better than on the phone.
    The magnet feature is nothing new. It's in a lot of earbuds actually, including the ones that come with Zune.
    Yeah they are cool and they are magnetic. I think they do this because its a lot less likely for them to break by constantly clanking against each other if they are stuck together. Yeah and everyone has different shaped ears so no one earbud is gonna fit everyone perfectly. They fit fine in my ears. And to diyeiogt- its not the earbuds that have horrible sound its the pre. I put the earbuds in my iphone and they were a hell of a lot louder and had some base sound to them also. I think palm intentionally made their output softer so that people wouldnt blow out the speakers in the buds
    The magnets are completely new to me and it sounds like they might be for smartphones, too.

And I think they did it mosty for the convenience to the user, being able to store them around the neck instead of in a pocket.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast