1.    #1  
    Hey everyone - might seem like a silly question, but how do you put a backslash for a field in a webpage while using the browser? Its not anywhere on the keyboard, and the symbol button doesn't seem to help. Any clues?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMyPre View Post
    Hey everyone - might seem like a silly question, but how do you put a backslash for a field in a webpage while using the browser? Its not anywhere on the keyboard, and the symbol button doesn't seem to help. Any clues?
    Um, it's the second symbol shown when you hit the sym button.
  3.    #3  
    Symbol button does not work within the browser - for memo yes, but browser it doesn't come up...any other ideas?
  4.    #4  
    bump for this - I find this ridiculous that it seemingly can't be done!
    Oh, I see. It works in the address bar, I tried that before I responded, but not in text entry boxes in webpages. Weird.
    Symbol button does not work within the browser - for memo yes, but browser it doesn't come up...any other ideas?
    Works fine on mine in the top field of the browser (where it says "Enter URL or search name")
  7.    #7  
    Is there any way at all to get it working within a text field? This is such a dumb dumb problem for the Pre...
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Lousy workaround, but have you tried typing the \ in a field where it works and then using copy/paste to paste it into the web field?

BTW, you should submit this oversight to Palm as a bug or feature request so it makes it into a future update.
    - Fushigi
    for some reason you can't use the syb. within a text field in the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    for some reason you can't use the syb. within a text field in the browser.
    That sucks because some websites requires you to have passwords with special characters.
    I know, that has too be under the bugs to fix in the next update.
    It works for me for some reason. I purchased 2 pres an immediately ran the update on both of them and and they both work flawlessly in terms of what we all here expected. No crashes, lockups, or lag. I opened up a web card and in the "search" bar where you can manually enter the url, when I hit the "sym" button and hit the 1nd icon which is the backslash, it shows up like any other symbol, letter, number, etc.
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    I can't believe no one at Palm ever encountered this. Did they not test this browser at all? I had such high hopes for the Pre, but this thing was clearly rushed out before it was ready.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    To the people saying "it works for me when I type in the URL field" that's not what the OP is talking about. They're talking about a text box on a webpage, like a username or password box, not the place where you type a web address.

This definitely does seem like an oversight on Palm's part.
  15.    #15  
    This seems beyond an oversight...I mean what kind of beta testing do they do? I'm sure its super simple to fix, but honestly how can someone not notice this?!??
    This seems beyond an oversight...I mean what kind of beta testing do they do? I'm sure its super simple to fix, but honestly how can someone not notice this?!??
    Easy when you're trying to beat the fact that Apple would be announcing a new Iphone and OS right before you launch it. I'm sure if it wasn't for Apple, the Pre wouldn't have come out until August or September.
    appears to be a bug