Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK maybe I am over tired from the early morning line,

How do I add music from my pc to my pre?

What folder do i put it in?
    You can put it any folder or just make one called music.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    You can use USB mass storage (aka drag and drop) or you can sync it up with iTunes. I synced mine up with iTunes and transferred about 1100 songs over.
    I just connect as USB storage and put all my musics in a music folder.

now, how do I get album arts?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I just connect as USB storage and put all my musics in a music folder.

now, how do I get album arts?
    itunes imported all mine for me.
    ahh, I just remembered how dislike of iTunes I am. Will not do it. will digg more
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    itunes imported all mine for me.
    Let me ask a dumb question: since my ipod is large enough, I don't worry about choosing songs to be synched.

With the Pre though, i'll have to. Will I have to check each individual song to be synched or can I create a playlist and synch just that?
    Just create a couple playlists and sync those lists. Podcasts work too (not the HD ones).
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Let me ask a dumb question: since my ipod is large enough, I don't worry about choosing songs to be synched.

With the Pre though, i'll have to. Will I have to check each individual song to be synched or can I create a playlist and synch just that?
    Yea you will. What I did to make sure I had enough space was go into iTunes and do a cntrl + a to select all the songs. Then hold down the cntrl button and unselect the ones I didn't want on there then just dragged it over to the Pre.

If you have a lot of songs I'd recommend making a playlist instead.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I just set the phone to USB storage, and let windows media player copy my music for me. Worked just fine
    I just created a couple of itunes playlists for my everyday favs and synced those. Right now I'm syncing one of my mpeg movies for the ultimate time-wasting test!
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    I just set the phone to USB storage, and let windows media player copy my music for me. Worked just fine
    I tried this with Vista Media Center and Windows Media Player, I could not get it to recognize my Pre.

Incidentally, Win7 Media Player did recognize it as a USB storage device that I could sync to.
    Last edited by sanfransoxfan04; 06/07/2009 at 01:06 AM.
    But how can I have it so it just synchs the playlist(s) I want and not ALL songs that have checkmarks?

I'd rather not have to select and deselect tons of songs (have about 15k of them).

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I synced over (using USB Storage) through Windows Media Player. Just synced some playlists. Only songs from that playlist transferred over. So far, so good. However, the playlist itself did not sync over. When I used Pocket Tunes on Treo to sync with WMP, the playlist itself came over, but on the Pre the playlist is empty. Any ideas how I can get playlists to be seen by Pre? I put the playlists in the Music folder, but Pre still doesn't see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    But how can I have it so it just synchs the playlist(s) I want and not ALL songs that have checkmarks?

I'd rather not have to select and deselect tons of songs (have about 15k of them).

Thanks!
    What I did was create a "Pre playlist" and when I connected the Pre to my PC, I deselected autosync, went to the "Music" tab on the device screen, checked "Sync only selected playlists" (or something like that), then made sure that only the "Pre playlist" was checked. Just populate the "Pre playlist" with the songs/albums/podcasts/etc. you want to sync on your Pre. Re-enable autosyncing if you wish. (Oh, and don't forget to hit the Sync button.)
    I tried sync with Itunes. I tried to move over a play list. Only about half the songs were transfered. I got an error from Itunes for the rest.

Anyone else have this issue? How did you fix it?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ^ I got the same problem. I believe all of the songs that didnt get transfered over were DRM protected. Im not sure if youll be able to do anything to fix that. Unless somone wants to correct me......
    They are all legally purchased from Itunes. Why do some transfer over and others don't?
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    What I did was create a "Pre playlist" and when I connected the Pre to my PC, I deselected autosync, went to the "Music" tab on the device screen, checked "Sync only selected playlists" (or something like that), then made sure that only the "Pre playlist" was checked. Just populate the "Pre playlist" with the songs/albums/podcasts/etc. you want to sync on your Pre. Re-enable autosyncing if you wish. (Oh, and don't forget to hit the Sync button.)
    Brilliant sir! Thank you!
    Win 7 recognizes it as USB storage and I used Winamp to sync podcasts.

One weird thing is that when I connect it in media sync mode and sync over podcasts, I can't see them in the viewable file structure in USB mode. I can access and delete them via Winamp but not by just deleting them. I may stick to downloading my podcasts and manually moving them over for now. I don't like not being able to see or access files in the file explorer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast