Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Is anyone having an issue finding how spell check works? If you know how to spell check, please share. I am having a problem checking my emails before sending. Not cool... should be easier then this and if they didn't add spell check, that would just be idiotic!
    Bump I would like to know the same thing.
    Is there a spell check at all? I haven't found a way to spell check my texts/emails....wtf!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." 有. Ron Hubbard
    So far i have noticed when i spell something wrong in a text it corrects the word automaticlly without a problem.I havent seen a option on the phone manually check it but the phone seems to do it just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjah2gz View Post
    So far i have noticed when i spell something wrong in a text it corrects the word automaticlly without a problem.I havent seen a option on the phone manually check it but the phone seems to do it just fine.
    Really? What word, for example?
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." 有. Ron Hubbard
    When I was sending text messages, I saw it auto correct while I was typing.
    ^ Can you give an example? I just opened my messaging app, and began to type "heey" instead of "hey"...and there is no autocorrection occuring.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Really? What word, for example?
    You're funny. I'm 99% sure that there,s no spell checker. y
    Yure funy. I'm 99% sre tht tere's no spel checkr. ---- testing it on a the pre.

Another thing: sym doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Dacunha View Post
    You're funny. I'm 99% sure that there,s no spell checker. y
    Yure funy. I'm 99% sre tht tere's no spel checkr. ---- testing it on a the pre.

Another thing: sym doesn't work.
    When I type "Yure funy. I'm 99% sre tht tere's no spel checkr" I get absolutely no autocorrection.
    I don't know if its spell check, but I did notice when I typed "U" in a txt, it replaced it with "You" instead. Haven't noticed to much more yet
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    but i recall Mossberg in his WSJ review barking that PRE only had like 100K words spell checker and iphone had 1M or something crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I don't know if its spell check, but I did notice when I typed "U" in a txt, it replaced it with "You" instead. Haven't noticed to much more yet
    Yeah, that's all I've been able to find. I'm really not sure why these couple of forumers claim to have a spell check/auto correction when it only corrects the letter 'u'. I used the spell check (but not auto correct) on my Instinct a lot, and I miss it.
    None of my old phones had spell check...which of yours has?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    but i recall Mossberg in his WSJ review barking that PRE only had like 100K words spell checker and iphone had 1M or something crazy.
    Now that you mention it, I did see that too... Hmmm
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Another downside: the Pre’s autocorrect system, for instantly fixing mistyped words, is puny. Even with a physical keyboard, people make typos, and Palm only fixes about 2,500 common words, like “the.” By contrast, both the BlackBerry and iPhone have tens of thousands of autocorrections built in, including fixes for long, complex words.

Palm Pre Takes On The iPhone | Walt Mossberg | Personal Technology | AllThingsD
    ^ Just discovered it changes "recieved" to the correct "received"...but this IS a very puny autocorrection. I don't really want autocorrection so much is a nice spell check. I never used the autocorrection on my Instinct, but I would use the spell check. It would underline in red your misspelled words and you would click the word and it would bring up several suggestions, almost always one of them was the correct one. This would be a much welcomed feature for me as I am sometimes super fast on texting (albeit a bit careless when it comes to typos).

P.S.
    Not sure how you can misspell "the", but when I type in "thhe" and "tthe"...and it doesn't correct anything.