Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls729 View Post
    I am aware for sure that before the acquisition of Altel to Verizon, Sprint had a roaming contract with Altel that allowed EVDO at full speed while roaming and only Altel, all other roaming partners only had 1XRTT roaming. Now that it is post merge I am not entirely sure if Verizon will honor the contract that Altel had with Sprint.
    Those contracts are still valid and must/will be honored, but that doesn't translate to Sprint being able to now roam EVDO on Verizon. I can't remember the exact date, but those contracts are good for several more years. After that is the big question... Sprint *may* be left with no affordable roaming partners... although I'm sure the FCC will require some kind of roaming arrangement, though it could be expensive for Sprint...
    Quote Originally Posted by k50aker View Post
    I used my 700p/755p on forced roaming for the past 3 years since I have bad reception at home, and never heared from sprint a word, I have unlimited talk/data/msgs.
    however the data on roaming is very poor 1x.
    Yep, same here except I used my Centro for 2 years . I am devistated. Hopefully my free airave will help.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Well I think this roaming question/issue might just get us Pre owners some attention onto the signal problems. I've found that my reception issues at home go to zero and I get 5 bars when I get into roaming mode. Sprint/Palm need to fix this.

BTW, does anyone know how to tell what network you've roamed to? On a Pre?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    So... if I want to get out of my Sprint contract, all I have to do is burn up all my minutes roaming? Would I still have to pay an ETF?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    hmm I personally hate Verizon and I really enjoy sprint now.. I have an employee discount of 22%! yay lol
  6. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Can anyone link to proof that free nights and weekends are void when roaming? I read all the fine print and don't remember seeing that.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    How can i force my pre to roam on verizon network??
    Quote Originally Posted by ndz View Post
    Can anyone link to proof that free nights and weekends are void when roaming? I read all the fine print and don't remember seeing that.
    This is huge because I have minimal minutes :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by jp700p View Post
    Verizon will be launching 4G soon in a year or two, why not make money with those soon-to-be replaced CDMA towers? Verizon should sign with Sprint to allow usage of EV-DO.
    CDMA signals are not being replaced - from the Verizon CEO himself. LTE will be in addition to CDMA.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp700p View Post
    Verizon will be launching 4G soon in a year or two, why not make money with those soon-to-be replaced CDMA towers? Verizon should sign with Sprint to allow usage of EV-DO.
    Sprint is supposed to be doing 4g first (not sure if the pre will be able to use it).

Also, who knows how long the agreement with verizon is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndz View Post
    That's news to me too, but I'm looking for the fine print to verify....
    I don't see where it says roaming excludes free nights/weekends, but I did find a limitation regarding mobile - mobile.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/en/le...cy_popup.shtml

Mobile-to-Mobile: Only available for calls directly between Sprint phones and/or most Nextel phones (not through Voicemail, 411 or other indirect methods). Not available where a Sprint phone is roaming.
    Last edited by sake; 06/14/2009 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    (I got it free and it is shipping soon but only for 24 months).
    In 24 months renew your contract. They will renew the discount. Its that simple.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12