Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seems as if in my apartment my Pre isn't picking up the best service ... one bar if that ... My centro never had any issue's ... but when i walk outside with the Pre it gets better slowly ... that's annoying ...

Only thing positive is you can set the preferences to data roam and still be able to go online if you don't have the best service ...

Also just found out WEP2 TKIP on wireless has issue's with the Pre, you need a lower grade security like WEP
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I only have one bar in my house but my old Sanyo had 3-4 (out of 5). I am moving to a better coverage area this summer so it's not the end of the world but it seems the antenna in the pre isn't that great (I still love it though).
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I find my signal strength going from full bars to zero, in a lot of places were my Q was fine. Consequently, my battery is can't make it half a day. I hope this is just a bug.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, I think the primary obstacle for the Pre's success is that it is on Sprint. My Pre drops constantly from 0 1x to full bars EVDO.
    I just stopped by Sprint and they said it should work better in a couple days, that it has something to do with Palm and Sprint
    I'm seeing a lot of signal fluctuation as well and ****ty battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Seems as if in my apartment my Pre isn't picking up the best service ... one bar if that ... My centro never had any issue's ... but when i walk outside with the Pre it gets better slowly ... that's annoying ...

Only thing positive is you can set the preferences to data roam and still be able to go online if you don't have the best service ...

Also just found out WEP2 TKIP on wireless has issue's with the Pre, you need a lower grade security like WEP
    I am connected to a WPA access point right now with no issues. You don't have to downgrade to WEP.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I cant believe how bad the signal is. I have had a 800W , Touch Pro and Centro over the last year and always 4 bars all over my house. I can barley get a signal with the PRE. Its always 1 bar or I get that R (Roaming) almost all the time now. 2-3 days of this and if it does not fix itself its a going back for eiither a new one ( if there are any) or going back to my Centro.
    no signal issues noticed so far with mine
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I cant believe how bad the signal is. I have had a 800W , Touch Pro and Centro over the last year and always 4 bars all over my house. I can barley get a signal with the PRE. Its always 1 bar or I get that R (Roaming) almost all the time now. 2-3 days of this and if it does not fix itself its a going back for eiither a new one ( if there are any) or going back to my Centro.
    Exactly the same for me. I am hoping this is a SW update. Oddly my "review" unit didn't have this issue as badly as my own unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    You described my situation EXACTLY. This is frustrating know full well that there is more that sufficient signal in my house. Now the phone fluctuates between full bars and roaming. I noticed that if I keep my fingers away from the bottom of the phone, the problem isn't as bad.

Still, this is not acceptable.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    bars mean nothing (for some of you)....can you make a call, can you send a txt, email...etc....not saying there aren't issues but people focus too much on "bars"
    Signal's flakey in my place as well. Again, having survived the initial release of the Bold and iphone, both of which had bad signals for me at least, software updates improved the reception incredibly. It's not great but I can survive till update comes out. I'm thinking we'll see one in a couple of days...if not sooner.
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    No data and people can't hear my voice though I can hear a few of their words.
    The 1st one I had this morning had great service, excellent.. Then after the exchange due to the screen problem this one sucks as far as reception goes.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Signal issues here as well, along with EVDO, which works great around my area (on the curve), well lets see if things improve or else i'm returning it, after i fell in love with it =(
    On my Centro I could select Roaming only and all my problems would go away but now the stupid Pre does not have that option... my life is RUINED!!!! Hopefully they will add the option (I am being REALLY optimistic here) but i highly doubt it.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Ihave low bars butmy phone will always complete a call and ring when someone is calling, as opposed to my iphone which, has many bars and you can't complete calls nor receive them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Ihave low bars butmy phone will always complete a call and ring when someone is calling, as opposed to my iphone which, has many bars and you can't complete calls nor receive them.
    AT&T sucks . I still wonder why Apple chose AT&T.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast