Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64
  1. #21  
    Its the phone. My wife has a razr , also sprint and I put them next to each other . She has 5 bars and i got 1. I get no internet and calls are dropping. Her phoen no issues with calls. This is ridiculous.
  2. #22  
    I live on a lake and can see the Sprint tower on the other side, it's probably 5-10 miles with a clear sightline.
    Usually, my Treo would get 4-5 bars.
    The Pre is getting 1-2 in a room in the middle of my house.
    My bedroom faces the lake, when I got it up, the Pre was getting 3-4 bars.
    Hey, as long as it works, right?
  3. bitmage's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #23  
    I'm a current Verizon user who just got a Pre. I get no signal in my house, which is in a 'good' coverage area according to Sprint. This causes the Pre to burn through its battery unless I put it in Airplane mode.

    It also causes the Pre to fail the Quick tests with an error "1000 modem".

    The Pre works fine in other locations, so I called Sprint. They said that there were "14 tickets against the tower in my area", and that they would investigate.

    Hopefully they'll fix it soon. It's a little hard to evaluate a new phone when you can't place calls...
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
  4. #24  
    my connection is great.
  5. #25  
    I'm having problems too. One moment it will be full bars and the next it's down to 1. I'm not even moving around, I'm just sitting here. I have full bars right now on my att phone.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I'm having problems too. One moment it will be full bars and the next it's down to 1. I'm not even moving around, I'm just sitting here. I have full bars right now on my att phone.
    Same here too..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  7. #27  
    This is bringing back memories when I tried Sprint years ago and they told me I had to go outside to make calls. They couldn't guarantee phone service in the home and that I should get a land line. That's why I switched to att. I thought they would have improved since 5-6 years ago.
  8. #28  
    I'm not understanding why all of you who are getting crappy signal at your home base, haven't called Sprint to get a Airave yet? You can get them for free as well as service for free, if you have horrible service at home. They do this as part of a reason to keep you as a customer. Call them up and get it done. $99 Airave, $4.99 service, get it for free.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    This is bringing back memories when I tried Sprint years ago and they told me I had to go outside to make calls. They couldn't guarantee phone service in the home and that I should get a land line. That's why I switched to att. I thought they would have improved since 5-6 years ago.
    Its the phone... The 1st one I had, had great reception, I took it back due to the screen problems. The current one, lacks great reception.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    I'm not understanding why all of you who are getting crappy signal at your home base, haven't called Sprint to get a Airave yet? You can get them for free as well as service for free, if you have horrible service at home. They do this as part of a reason to keep you as a customer. Call them up and get it done. $99 Airave, $4.99 service, get it for free.
    For me, the problem didn't start till I got my 2nd Pre, I'm going to exchange for another one and see if that fixes the problem. Before the Pre, I had no problem with reception in the house, hell with my 1st Pre I had no problem. I understand what your saying though, but I think there might be something more going on..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  11. #31  
    Also getting flaky reception....had hoped for a lot better than my old Treo 700p. I went into the pref menu and updated the "network settings" and the "preferred roaming list" (PRL). This may have helped a little bit but i'm just now testing it at work in areas where it was poor yesterday....
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomber View Post
    Also getting flaky reception....had hoped for a lot better than my old Treo 700p. I went into the pref menu and updated the "network settings" and the "preferred roaming list" (PRL). This may have helped a little bit but i'm just now testing it at work in areas where it was poor yesterday....
    I also did that yesterday, I haven't noticed a difference yet..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  13. #33  
    Yep, signal issues here as well. I'll have to get an airave. I was under the impression from Darth & Dieter that you all got better reception with Pre (but i guess you're stumped too based on your post). So i was surprised.

    It's random too. One bar, full bars, to roaming etc. Could be a reason for poor battery life.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    I'm not understanding why all of you who are getting crappy signal at your home base, haven't called Sprint to get a Airave yet? You can get them for free as well as service for free, if you have horrible service at home. They do this as part of a reason to keep you as a customer. Call them up and get it done. $99 Airave, $4.99 service, get it for free.
    I called them and I was hoping they would offer one. She said that if I live in a mobile home I would problems with the service. What?!?! I don't live in a freaking mobile home. I live in a "normal house". I'll call back and ask for one I guess. That would help a lot. Do they only offer this to customers that have been with them for a while or would they offer me one too?
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    This is bringing back memories when I tried Sprint years ago and they told me I had to go outside to make calls. They couldn't guarantee phone service in the home and that I should get a land line. That's why I switched to att. I thought they would have improved since 5-6 years ago.
    Thing is, sprint is not like this on past phones. This is palm related me thinks..not Sprint.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I called them and I was hoping they would offer one. She said that if I live in a mobile home I would problems with the service. What?!?! I don't live in a freaking mobile home. I live in a "normal house". I'll call back and ask for one I guess. That would help a lot. Do they only offer this to customers that have been with them for a while or would they offer me one too?
    I've talked with CS on phone..they said to go to store (which is a joke). Can you get the Airave any other way?

    Oops..quoted wrong person..lol
  17. #37  
    Aww screw this...Sprint coverage is like a major reason for switching from iphone. I'm really hoping there's a fix.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I called them and I was hoping they would offer one. She said that if I live in a mobile home I would problems with the service. What?!?! I don't live in a freaking mobile home. I live in a "normal house". I'll call back and ask for one I guess. That would help a lot. Do they only offer this to customers that have been with them for a while or would they offer me one too?
    no no no no no... Call them back. Remember, Sprint is the company where 1 person says no, they transfer you to someone else, and that person says yes. It's all about who you talk to. Keep trying, don't give up. I like in a 3800sq ft house (roughly) and made sure I told her this, not no trailer home.. and I got mine for free. I just had to make sure my Airave's range could take care of me in my house, going through all the walls and stuff. I had to end up putting it towards the middle of the house, rather than off to one side. I get full bars on my Berry 8330, 8830, and had it on my Instinct, Touch Pro, Diamond, etc etc.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Yep, signal issues here as well. I'll have to get an airave. I was under the impression from Darth & Dieter that you all got better reception with Pre (but i guess you're stumped too based on your post). So i was surprised.

    It's random too. One bar, full bars, to roaming etc. Could be a reason for poor battery life.
    Indeed... Baffled!

    This is two things now that are completely different from my original unit (also can't do LogMeIn anymore).

    I am fairly perplexed...
  20. #40  
    I have to say yes, it is the way the phone was made. I've noticed almost all WM phones have signal issues that I've experienced. The Instinct did. But, sadly enough, my M610, Razr2, A700, and A900 never had any issues. Maybe it's antenna placement?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions