View Poll Results: How many hands does it take to get to the center of a Pre?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can naturally open it with one hand

53 64.63%
  • I usually use two hands to open it

29 35.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If I use just one hand I feel like I am going to break it, so I use two. Which is not ideal. Also, seems that I have to mash my thumb into the touch screen to slide it open. So I use two.

Anyone else use two hands instead of one? I'm curious as it seems to limit the one-handed ideal. Of course anyone can open it with one hand, but I'm talking about doing what feels natural to you.

Thanks for voting!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I am forcing myself to use one hand to get used to it. I think it will just take a little bit to adjust.
    One hand, but what's weird is that I am right handed but find it easier to open with my left hand.
    I'm using two more than one mainy because I feel like the Pre will go flying from my hand if I use one.
    I found that putting my thumb on the bottom of the screen lip just above the keyboard and sliding works perfect rather than trying to slide the screen
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    One hand, but what's weird is that I am right handed but find it easier to open with my left hand.
    Hummm, I too am right handed, but I can open it easier with my left hand.
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
    When I was in the store, I was 100% comfortable using one hand. I picked up a clear case from best buy before I left, and while it does a decent job of protecting the phone, the cover makes the slider pretty "tight" and I have to use two hands without feeling like I am going to break the phone.
    ditto
    On the other hand (literally), I am left handed and find it easier to open with my right hand.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I open it with one hand, but I push up on the side of the screen. I feel that im going to break the keyboard if I push on the bottom
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I'm using two more than one mainy because I feel like the Pre will go flying from my hand if I use one.
    Second that!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    it took some practice and some breaking in of the mechanism but now Ive got it down to a science sliding that sucker open on handed. It still feels odd pushing on the screen itself instead of a rounded edge but it works.
    one hand with pressure on the bottom of the top portion of the phone causes the top to rub the keys.. over time i suspect this is a problem
  14.    #14  
    So anyone else? I'm still curious as it is a tie.
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord II View Post
    Hummm, I too am right handed, but I can open it easier with my left hand.
    I second that! lol
    one hand. i just put my thumb on the screen and push. it's a lot easier that way.
    I found that a couple of times pushing on the bottom of the screen caused a little bit of friction with the bottom and top lips of the keyboard area, which caused the slider to not open quite all the way, making it even more difficult to type on the top row of keys.

However, if I push on the screen, as it shows in the directions, the slider action is smoother and goes open all the way more easily. This leaves more room for the top row of keys (which, as we all know, needs all the room it can get).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    one-handed. i find that the sweet spot for me is at the bottom of the screen, just above the gesture area. i have to apply more pressure if i go above or below that area.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    same here. Weird huh?
    one hand, no problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast