1.    #1  
    Love the phone but when I set up my cox email I got all my emails (only 8 of them on my phone now) I can't open them. It gets timed out when it is "retreiving email text"

I get an error "Download of the message body timed out. The system will retry soon."

I remember getting this on my 650 but it was because my box was too full, this is not the case now but I don't know how to make those changes.

Any help would be appreciated. And if this has been posted already a link would be helpful, I did search and couldn't find anything.
    Why don't you just have it setup through Google?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Why don't you just have it setup through Google?
    sorry not sure how to do that, I've used my cox email for 8 years so don't want to change it if that is what you are implying, not really savvy when it comes with email setup
    If you setup up a gmail account you can forward your @cox.com mail to your gmail account. On you gmail account you can change how your outgoing mail address appears and make it look like your actually sending the email from your cox account. Hope this makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianh715 View Post
    sorry not sure how to do that, I've used my cox email for 8 years so don't want to change it if that is what you are implying, not really savvy when it comes with email setup
    switch to Gmail now and set up IMAP PUSH and don't look back.
  6.    #6  
    I will try it, any guides on how to do this?

Thanks for your help guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianh715 View Post
    I will try it, any guides on how to do this?

Thanks for your help guys
    1. set up a GMAIL email address and enable IMAP in settings at Google.com via PC.
    2. set up that GMAIL email address on the PRE and make sure you select Get Mail "AS ITEMS ARRIVE" in the settings and you will have INSTANT PUSH REAL TIME EMAIL FOR FREE!!!!!!!!
    3. tell all of your friends, family, online companies of your new home gmail email.
    4. go into your OLD email settings and have them forwarded to your NEW Gmail address if you can - just in case you miss people.

Google