Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I bought mine at a RadioShack (4 in stock total) this morning. I was there at 7 and one of the two who bought it when they opened at 9. As soon as I noticed the two dead pixels I contacted Sprint chat and they told me to exchange it at RadioShack. I thought RS couldn't possibly have any left, so didn't bother to contact them.

Then at 6 I called just to see when they'll have some more, and the guy says come down now and they'll be happy to exchange it for me. Believe it or not, NO ONE came after I left and they still had the other two Pre's.

So anyway, I exchanged mine after making sure the new one had no dead pixel issues.
    Sounds good. I'm wondering if this is a bad batch issue? or what the case may be?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Well, I stand corrected, even this one has a dead white pixel, but it's just white (not blue) and it's a lot less visible, so I am not going to bother.

But I guess those rumors of Palm having manufacturing issues was probably not off the mark by much:

Palm: manufacturing issues with Pre -> TamsPalm

I swear I saw a story some time ago about how Palm's manufacturing partners were having issues with getting enough good yields on the screens. So I am going to assume (conspiracy theory here) that they knew they weren't getting good yield with touchscreens but they had no other choice. Sad.
    got a dead pixel too - blue. swapped out for the last Pre in stock - no dead pixels, but i've got a spec of dust under the screen now. this stinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpooted View Post
    got a dead pixel too - blue. swapped out for the last Pre in stock - no dead pixels, but i've got a spec of dust under the screen now. this stinks.
    Me too!!!!

Everyone around doesn't have any so not sure what I'm going to do. I talked to the stores and they said they weren't even sure they could exchange it. Load of BS, told me to call corporate. I'm a new customer and if they want me to stay a customer they better hook me up!

P.S.
    Don't want anyone to think I'm not happy with the Pre. This phone and even Sprints network in my opinion is better than the iphone and AT&T. Yes it lacks in some areas and isn't perfect but neither was the iPhone Gen 1.
    My Pre has a small discoloration right around where the signal bar is at the top left. When you have natural light you can't really see it (i.e. in the sprint store at 12 pm). I have to figure out how I can get them to see it, it' getting on my nerves. They say their is nothing wrong with it cause they can't see it.

I can see it on a pure white background or some darker colors. Looks like I will be doing some photoshop on some background colors to see if I can get the problem to show up easier.

Ugh...
    We wants it, we needs it. Must have the PREcious.