1.    #1  
    What times are people getting for a charge? Ive had the phone on a charge for an hour and its only climbed 15%. Charging via USB. And the phone is quite hot.

Its my first charge, since opening. It was just about dead when I started 5%.

Just curious if this is normal.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    What times are people getting for a charge? Ive had the phone on a charge for an hour and its only climbed 15%. Charging via USB. And the phone is quite hot.

Its my first charge, since opening. It was just about dead when I started 5%.

Just curious if this is normal.
    It IS slow. I got mine last night with about 40% on it. Brought it to my office and charged for 2.5 hours and it still wasn't 100%. Just used my car charger for 40 min. Went from 37% to 65% while I was using it with BT syncing to my Ford Sync.

bj
    Mine is charging pretty fast, but it also doesn't last very long. I would say it went from 30 to 97 in about an hour.
  4.    #4  
    Hmm, wonder if its a defective battery. OR charges better with wall outlets perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Hmm, wonder if its a defective battery. OR charges better with wall outlets perhaps?
    Oh, crap. I'm sorry, I missed the USB part. My numbers were with a wall charger. Sorry about that. USB charging will be a lot slower.
    Mine gets as warm as the Centro did when charging. I went from 100% at 10 this morning to 35% at 4 this afternoon. That was with downloading off wifi and messing around a ton. Battery seems to be better than my Centro. Anytime I would stream on my Centro the battery would be completely dead in 30 minutes.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Mine seems to charge really slow as well but it could just be because it was the first charge.
  8.    #8  
    Mabye Slow Charging is more effective
    Charging from a USB cable plugged into a PC might be slow. The USB spec limits the amount of current a USB device is allowed to pull so you don't burn out your PC. Using the wall charger might be faster. Touchstone might be faster still.

But 15% in an hour sounds kind of slow. Are you refreshing the display? I left the battery charge menu open and it looked like it was going slowly. I closed it and reopened it and my battery was almost fully charged. The display just wasn't updating.
    it charges slower off a computer than off a wall outlet or touchstone.

the usb ports on computers aren't able to send as much power as a wall outlet. it would damage the computer.
    USB charge took me about 3:30 hours with mixed usage from 18% or so. Does anyone know if the phone still charges when device is completely turned off?