Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    Has any one else noticed the Grid right underneath the Screen? It's 10 rows and 7 columns of them. So there are a total of 70 dots and they are all connected by little lines throughout the whole screen. They are a little annoying? I hope over time I get used to them so I don't see them anymore. You can really see them better with the screen off.
  2. #2  
    It's called "The Matrix" - you should have swallowed the blue pill
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  3. #3  
    LOL yeah i noticed it before i left the store this morning.
  4. domer's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Has any one else noticed the Grid right underneath the Screen? It's 10 rows and 7 columns of them. So there are a total of 70 dots and they are all connected by little lines throughout the whole screen. They are a little annoying? I hope over time I get used to them so I don't see them anymore. You can really see them better with the screen off.
    I see them as well, but my fingerprints are doing a good job of hiding them. Seriously though, after seeing them the first time, I don't really notice them much anymore.
  5. #5  
    It's because of the capacitive screen. Usually that sort of thing is only noticeable when the screen isn't on.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's because of the capacitive screen. Usually that sort of thing is only noticeable when the screen isn't on.
    What kind of screen is the iPhone, I thought it was the same thing. I've never seen these dots before.
  7. #7  
    It's any touch sensitive screen has those grid lines. iPhone has them as well if I remember mine correctly. Also, iPhones could be under the glass since it is capacitive. But maybe Palm put theirs on top? idk.
  8. dp135's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #8  
    Yes but I only see them when the screen is off and I have the phone at an angle. It's a not an issue for me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    It's any touch sensitive screen has those grid lines. iPhone has them as well if I remember mine correctly. Also, iPhones could be under the glass since it is capacitive. But maybe Palm put theirs on top? idk.
    Yeah, it looks like they are on top. I wonder why they didn't put it under. Maybe that's why it's so responsive. Alright, thanks guys.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    It's called "The Matrix" - you should have swallowed the blue pill
    Nice!

    Yes, don;t worry all capacitive screens have em.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  11. #11  
    Do sceen protectors like bodyguardz or zagg make the grid more noticeable? I just installed my ghostarmor one on my new replacement pre and the grid is very obvious now, like specs of dust.
  12. #12  
    I just noticed it this morning. Only noticeable for me when the screen is off and there's little glare.
  13. #13  
    I can see them on a white page under bright light. I need to know if my screen protector is amplifing them. This is the one thing I didn't check yesterday when I got my replacement phone.
  14. #14  
    omg i see them to i am not going to be able to sleep at night now so many dots so little screen space lol
  15. #15  
    Don't see it with IS on.
  16. #16  
    i cant believe nobody has seen them until now. they are gold and shine whenever light hits it right. pretty obvious i thought
  17. #17  
    Just don't mistake them for stuck pixels (yeah, I did that... depending on how the light hits them, only a few show at a time and the color can look different).
  18. #18  
    Saw them all the time in my last Pre. See em only sometimes on wife's. Can be annoying though thinking its a spec of dust or something.
  19. reyalsnik's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #19  
    I used to have them on my HTC Touch every once in a while, so I don't think it's only capcitive touch screens (it was resistive). I've seen it on my Pre as well, but it's not distracting.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by reyalsnik View Post
    I used to have them on my HTC Touch every once in a while, so I don't think it's only capcitive touch screens (it was resistive). I've seen it on my Pre as well, but it's not distracting.
    Yeah my Treo had this grid as well. It was much more obvious than the Pre's grid.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions