1.    #1  
    Battery life is horrible.

My battery ran all the way down now when I plug it in all I get on the screen is a large "empty battery" icon and it won't turn on....
    Your battery probably came half dead. Give it some time to charge up
  3.    #3  
    Ok it finally came on. Battery was sooo dead I guess I had to give it a little bit. Strange that never happened with any of my other phones, no matter how dead the battery was you could plug it in and turn it on.
    Mine works on the Touchstone. Haven't even plugged the charger into it.
    Hey ShadowGod. I had the same thing happen this morning, but mine ended up locking up.

Perhaps I should have been more patient and let it charge all the way?

Thank goodness it's working now!
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
    i used mine to about 20% and it charged (with wall socket) in about 1.5 hours.
    Wonder how Touchstone vs USB vs USB->AC adapter charge times compare?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
    Wonder how Touchstone vs USB vs USB->AC adapter charge times compare?
    I'm using the USB-->AC Adapter and charging is slowwww. Slower than any other phone I've had.

My local Sprint store didn't even have the Touchstone in stock yet! I'll pick that up definately if it charges faster.
    Touchstone should be a lot SLOWER than a wall charger. I ready someplace 8 hours for a full charge.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    I'm using the USB-->AC Adapter and charging is slowwww. Slower than any other phone I've had.

My local Sprint store didn't even have the Touchstone in stock yet! I'll pick that up definately if it charges faster.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Touchstone uses the AC plug/USB cables provided in the Pre packaging. In theory you could plug Touchstone into a USB port on a PC but the direction leaflet warns against it. I'm going to guess it draws more power than a USB port normally provides & that the AC adapter provides it just fine.

Charging via Touchstone seems fast enough for me, but then I've not run the battery all the way down yet.
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Touchstone should be a lot SLOWER than a wall charger. I ready someplace 8 hours for a full charge.
    I went down to 12% and used the Touchstone. It fully charged in about 2 1/2 hours. Not bad.
    Touchstone is about half as fast as a straight connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
    Your battery probably came half dead. Give it some time to charge up
    This is better than mostly dead.
    Mine did the same thing, is there a charger indication progress bar or is this just a static image? I left mine on the charger for 4 hours came back and it was still just that huge empty battery icon image. I tried to turn it on, but It was locked up so I removed the battery and it acted weird, stuck on the palm logo forever (like 5 minutes) so I pulled the battery again and it finally booted. Showed that the battery was full. Now I have run it down again and I'm back at the empty batter image so I hope this time goes better or I will swap it out next week.

Any insight or confirmations would be greatly appreciated.