View Poll Results: How fast has the Sprint Data network been for you?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extremely Fast

61 53.51%
  • Fast

38 33.33%
  • Good

12 10.53%
  • Barely getting by

2 1.75%
  • Unacceptable

1 0.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay guys, let me just say this, let me just put it out there: when I first got to hop on the demo units @ the Sprint store, I thought they were on WiFi. Little did I know, I was streaming Pandorda, YouTube, browswing PreCenteral.net, Engadget, etc...on the CELL NETWORK. It blew my mind. Seriously. NUTTY fast network.
    I would literally press "load" on Engadget or Yahoo and I'd look away to talk to somebody and I'd look back down to find that the page had loaded. Simply amazing. I have never experienced this fast of a browser, and I have owned G1 and iPhone. The redraw is amazing, the rendering is amazing, and the network coverage (NOT TO MENTION GPS FIX SPEED) is simply, and I mean simply, stunning.
    I'm not a fanboy by any means, but Sprint's network has really, really impressed me. I've never been the soccer mom or teenager who's touted Verizon because they're more popular. That's always bugged me. And I don't care about cell coverage in the most remote city in Nevada. I care about extremely fast speed where I live. And guess what? That's a check.
    My experience over the past day has emulated yours. Access to a full page, images and all, takes a fraction of the time that my old Tmobile phone needs to load text.
    Sprints EVDO network has always been top notch, it just took a good phone to make it shine.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I'm on the North Side of Chicago, Uptown, and I haven't been impressed with Sprint. Little to know signal in my home, no EVDO in and around the hood. It's a toss-up between AT&T and Sprint in that regard.

It will come down to the Phone / Features to decide if I keep the Pre. I'll probably call them tomorrow or Monday to see what they can do. AT&T tried the best they could to get my siganl stronger. However, I "updated" the network settings, but not sure if that updates the cell tower info.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Absolutely flying here in LA, much faster than my BB.
    Except at my house which has no signal, I am surprised my Pre doesn't have flames shooting out of it because it is so fast.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I just switched from Tmobile who did NOT offer 3g in my area.

This phone is like switching from 56k to broadband. It's really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Always View Post
    Absolutely flying here in LA, much faster than my BB.
    Well... Yeah. Rev A. vs EVDO
    Rev A. here in Tampa Fl. is extremely fast, been very impressed, it was even really fast when I used to tether my old Rev 0. V9m Cant wait to test speed against friends iPhone 3g
    I love how it automatically swithes to WiFi when I come into the house.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Well... Yeah. Rev A. vs EVDO
    Ahh, didn't know that... (not sarcasm)

<--- noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I love how it automatically swithes to WiFi when I come into the house.
    Lies!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Quote Originally Posted by Enlil242 View Post
    I'm on the North Side of Chicago, Uptown, and I haven't been impressed with Sprint. Little to know signal in my home, no EVDO in and around the hood. It's a toss-up between AT&T and Sprint in that regard.

It will come down to the Phone / Features to decide if I keep the Pre. I'll probably call them tomorrow or Monday to see what they can do. AT&T tried the best they could to get my siganl stronger. However, I "updated" the network settings, but not sure if that updates the cell tower info.
    If you've got a broadband internet connection, get an Airave! Call Sprint, have them send you one. Ask them to waive the monthly fee. They may even give you the unit for free!
    can someone help me understand the different symbols used on the PRE for this?

EV? 1x? EVDO? translate for me I come from ATT

in ATT on iphone I saw

1. 3G - means atts 3g
    2. E - means att Edge (slow crap)
    3. none
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlil242 View Post
    I'm on the northside as well, near Waveland and Lakeshore, and it's been hella-fast for me. I've been all around the area tonight...by Wrigley, down near Diversey, and of course by Lakeshore. I came from AT&T and this is killing it.

I used to not even be able to make calls from my apartment with AT&T.
    To the OP: Sprint's really zippy if you compare it to Tmobile/AT&T. But since I've used them for a while, it's just business as usual.

Simon: with Sprint, their 3G network is EVDO Rev A, which is what you'll want to have.
    RTT x1 is similar to AT&T's Edge.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post

in ATT on iphone I saw

1. 3G - means atts 3g
    3. none
    all I know is 1x = slow.. that's all we have where I live, and it's not that speedy.

well I either have 1x.. or R (for roaming. blah)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post

in ATT on iphone I saw

1. 3G - means atts 3g
    3. none
    Wait 3g isn't the slow crap?

1XRTT was before EVDO came around (2G)
    EV is EVDO which came in 2 revisions REV 0 which is old EVDO and the new EVDO REV A (only avaliable in select cities) which is the fastest out there.

19.    #19  
    @Carioca - Cool. Sounds good to me. I am quite interested to see how the data network handles the soon-to-be drastically higher data usage on a phone like this, AT&T sure had some problems. But, they've really built their infrastrucutre up so I'm confident.
    Glad to see Palm has finally made something that takes advantage of Sprint's network capabilities.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast