Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    does the Pre support .avi? I just put a vid on there of .avi and it isn't showing up in "videos". Is there something else I need to do? I just dumped the vid into the main Pre drive.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    I believe it needs to be a mp4.
    Don't think its supported. Maybe you could try to re-encode it to supported video type.
    only

Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
    There's a couple of free Iphone or PSP video converters that should be able to convert it for you.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Thats a bummer...
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Yeah... I wish I could get ahold of the SDK...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Just download a program called iPodifier (Google it). Great little program that does a good job converting videos to either MPEG-4 or H.264. Just find out the screen size of the Pre and set it to that (I don't remember the screen size off the top of my head but I'm sure it would be easy to find).
    480 x 320
    so, when are the decent media players coming out? :P

no .avi, that's bs. I have way to much anime to convert.
    Quote Originally Posted by glacius View Post
    only

Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
    Technically those are codecs and avi is a container, you can have those formats in different containers, e.g. .avi, .mkv, .mp4
    I am a little upset it won't stream an .asx file...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  13.    #13  
    Ok so I've put a lot of file formats on here and it looks like you have to use 480x320 to get the vids to play. Is this true?
    Up look a few posts. Its 320 x 480.
  15.    #15  
    Ah, it actually says what I put... But can anyone confirm it has to be same res?
    I've got some lower res files I made for my bb curve and they play fine on the pre
    what's a good converter these days. all my stuff is old and doesn't do 320x480
    You might want to try SUPER © .
    I tried to use HandBrake, which is free, to covert a WMV, but no dice...so I used Nero Recode.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Are you guys storing your videos on the phone? I had them on my mini-SD card for the 755p. Is there any way to keep them in a "cloud" and view them on the Pre? Google Docs? Anything else?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast