Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I want to know if anyone who has the light blotch, cloud, leak,or whatever people are calling it, exchange their phones and have the problem fixed?
  2. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSix View Post
    I want to know if anyone who has the light blotch, cloud, leak,or whatever people are calling it, exchange their phones and have the problem fixed?
    Due to my stuck pixel, I will in a week, when they have enough stock.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I got it from RadioShack can i still exchange it at a Sprint store?
    my ringtones wouldnt work. only vibrate and notifications also 3 dead pixels i tried to exchange it but they are all sold out now so im #4 on a list for next shipment well atleast i get to keep the pre till then so its not that bad
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    Due to my stuck pixel, I will in a week, when they have enough stock.
    Forget to include the battery when you go to the store to do the exchange. Consider it compensation for your troubles :P.
    hahahaha, good idea ellianth. I have that EXACT same problem, the cloud on the bottom of the screen. What a joke...it's too bad this happened. Not Palm's fault, but it's really too bad.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    It doesnt really bothers me that much. But if a new Pre doesn't have the problem it would be great.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I got it from RadioShack can i still exchange it at a Sprint store?
    ??
    probably call and ask
    Had 3 dead pixels and a dust particle under the screen on my first one. Exchanged it. Replacement has dead pixels as well. I can live with the dead pixels cuz you only see them on a completely black screen (like when booting the phone) but that dust particle was like a huge mole, I couldn't stop staring at it. Glad they let me exchange it.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    Forget to include the battery when you go to the store to do the exchange. Consider it compensation for your troubles :P.
    Screw that, Keep the pouch! Battery is worthless unless you have a dock charger for them.
    ??
    No they won't. You exchange it where you purchased it from. Only because the phone you got wasn't part of Sprint's stock. It was part of Radio Shacks
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Sprint just exchanged my Pre because the J key wouldn't depress. When it got hot from charging on the Touchstone it did get the cloudy dark splotches on the bottom of the screen also. I am charging this one with the regular charger to see if the splotches return.
    My first had the light cloud issue, but I managed to get a replacement before they ran out.
    My rep bricked mine while activating it, he had to exchange it.
    I was happy because it looked to me like he was scratching the hell out of the back of it while trying to reset it, there is a key code to reset that involves 3 keys pushed at once, he couldn't get it to work.
    mine is bricked right now, drove 30 minutes to the sprint store which was in a mall and was like 2-3 minutes late. Wouldnt let me swap out. said "registers are shut down"... while another rep was activating and cashing someone out... seems like they dont want my business. i just got service for the first time today... almost threatened to cancel.
    My wife's has a dead pixel I don't think she has noticed it or will. My first one had a defective phone stack and was replaced.
    IT seems like if I have the phone facing screen down, the phone doesn't get hot. As soon as I have the phone with it's back facing down, it starts to get warm.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    do you mean the few white things on the bottom third of the screen? reps says they are "clouds" and belong there? I find them annoying. They look like smudges.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    My Pre wouldn't activate at the Sprint store. The clerk said it was likely due to the overloaded Sprint servers. She showed how to take the battery out to reset it and said I should just try again every hour at home. And here I thought no one was to leave the stores without "proper" training. Well I wnt home with much trepidation. No luck at home x 2hours, so I called Sprint support who worked me through quite a few key combos to see if they could fire it up, but to no avail. They said to take it back to the store for a replacement, and they said the store should never have allowed me out the door with a non-functioning Pre. Well, I was none too pleased and traipsed back to the store. As it ends up they were saving me one just in case and they had sent me a voice mail to that effect. So, long story short, I got a new Pre that works just fine. Damn, what a long day! BTW, they gave me the replacement phone from one they were holding for someone else, because they were long since sold out of the 40 phones they had.